water!

Options
I really despise the taste of water, im trying really hard 2 force it down managed 4 cups today which is a lot for me...does anyone have any tips to make it easier x

Replies

• ThePinkAvenger
    Options
    I squirt 1/2 fresh lemon in mine. Helps...
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Drink something you prefer the taste of?
  • mulligan00
    Options
    I try to get in a gallon a day, honestly what helps me get this amount in is drinking through a straw. get a reusable cup and straw.:smile:
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    drink it as herbal tea
    infuse it with fruit or herbs/mint
    add Mio or Crystal Light (lots of controversy around this some say "ONLY PURE WATER COUNTS" but I'm in the camp that says that's hogwash)
    add a splash of 100% fruit juice
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Drink tea. Or, educate yourself on how lucky you are to be in the fraction of a percent of the world who has access to clean, potable water at any point of the day. The more respect you have for clean water, the easier it might be to drink it.
  • miz4wagon
    Options
    thanks people will give some of these a try :)
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Err, if your water tastes bad, drink different water? Try adding a wee bit o' salt or lemon or lime or orange or you get the picture.
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Add crystal light or get a pitcher that purifies the water.
  • Dianeshealthysteps
    Options
    What is crystal light please I've never heard of it
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    What is crystal light please I've never heard of it

Crystal Light is a low-calorie powdered beverage mix that offers naturally and artificially sweetened beverage options in multiple flavors.
  • indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Drink tea. Or, educate yourself on how lucky you are to be in the fraction of a percent of the world who has access to clean, potable water at any point of the day. The more respect you have for clean water, the easier it might be to drink it.

Great post. Couldn't agree more
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Add fresh fruit....raspberry, strawberry, kiwi slice, cucumber slice, blueberry, squeeze a grape, orange slice etc....something to flavor it that doesn't have chemicals and perseratives.
  • Travko
    Travko Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    As said above, I drink unsweetened tea to supplement my water intake. You can make it yourself, or there are a few bottled teas out there with no extra additives.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Drinking unsweetened tea, flavoring your water with mio, crystal light, lemon juice or even lime juice. It all helps when you start to get bored of the plain stuff.
    I drink a ton of water and it does get a little boring so you have to change it up every so often
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Now I just drink it. A lot of it. Often.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    wine!
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Perhaps buy flavored water from wal mart?
  • Jessicahanzlik
    Jessicahanzlik Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    MIO MIO MIO!!!!!!!
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options

Great post. Couldn't agree more

+2 mind makes everything..
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Add fresh fruit....raspberry, strawberry, kiwi slice, cucumber slice, blueberry, squeeze a grape, orange slice etc....something to flavor it that doesn't have chemicals and perseratives.
    :angry: Please explain how those things do not have chemicals.

I drink tea and diet soda and use Mio in my water. I don't believe in a water-only stomach that can tell the difference between drinking water/eating something and drinking a flavored drink, so I drink whatever I want.