Holiday Weight

Options

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Between December 24 and December 30th I gained 5.4 lbs. I always gain about a pound a day when I go visit my parents. I'm not eating 3,500 surplus calories a day when I'm there (probably 1,000 over though, not gonna lie) but the lbs still come on and they linger. :/

After getting up to pee about five times overnight (TMI I know, but obviously I was retaining some water) I'm down 1.4 lbs today.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs. I ate over my daily calorie limit, and indulged in cream, butter, full fat cheese, gravy, etc. I'm on a LCHF plan. It is amazing! I was able to indulge in the Xmas feasts and still lost weight. How cool is that?!?!?!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I am really surprised that I stayed the same. It was a free for all with food and I didn't gain a pound, but I feel like crap. Time to start working out again.

I really think that if I had exercised most days it would have been harder for me to pig out as much as I did: The act of moving a body that you think is becoming ungainly acts as a good check on overindulgence. But it was cold and very inconvenient to work out. Oh, well, what''s done is done. Time to start again.

I've posted here as penance. :-) I'm so tempted to hide my ticker, but I'm using the shame as motivation.
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I put on 1.5lbs, but I'll be back to normal weight by next weekend. (I hope)
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I actually lost more than usual over the holidays. lol...
  • indianarunner76
    indianarunner76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Since Christmas day lost 2 pounds.
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was actually surprised i had lost 4 lbs that week when i weighed in on monday after because i had pigged out Christmas eve & day
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am up 1.4 lbs I hope to have those off next week and then move on. Not too bad considering I spent a week at an all inclusive resort over the holidays.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I gained something like six pounds since Thanksgiving. I weighed myself and the number was worse than I'd anticipated. I'm nowhere near clinically overweight, but this a very high weight for me. It happens every winter holiday season: I don't get out to exercise because it's cold and inconvenient (and don't like formal exercise to begin with), I'm bombarded by food, and and am surrounded by overweight or obese people who love to eat all the time. It's always scary because I never know if I'll be able to get my weight down again. My past ability to say, "Enough!" is the reason my weight's never gotten out of control.

This season I decided not to fret too much and just to enjoy the food with a plan to lose weight now. Maybe I should have been harder on myself. With the arrival of the New Year, I'm trying to strike a balance between self-disgust and too much self-acceptance. It's always temporarily satisfying for me to berate myself, but I know now that if I want to direct energy towards this, it should be towards eating the right foods, avoiding the wrong ones, and being active.

A strict, streamlined, short-term diet has always helped me get back to an acceptable baseline and that is what I intend to do in a day or so.

I understand how you feel...Most of my family are either over weight or obese but when Sept came I finally had enough and said no longer will I eat like I am....You see other people eating food and think well Ill join in with them and eat right along. But I realize in order for my girls to learn good eating habits is to show them good eating habits. My oldest has changed her ways of eating and even working out more and when she sees a new work out routine she wants to try it or have me try it with her....So I keep on saying Im doing this for my girls dont give up in the short run, keep on going for the long run...Best of luck to you
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I gained like 6 lbs overall. That's better than last year.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    No idea what I gained- I rarely weigh myself because I get hung up on day-to-day ups and downs. I'm sure I gained but my clothes fit about the same so it wasn't a ton.

Most of the damage was done over a 1-week period- 18-hour car trips to/from where family lives (with an overnight each way); I never missed a workout day but sitting in the car for hours doesn't burn many calories and even though I tried to eat healthy "road food", beef jerky and string cheese can add up. My parents, bless them, eat healthy, but we broke out the wine at 5 PM each day (heck, I'm usually at work at 5 PM) and my lunch and dinner were always followed by a couple of Mom's homemade Christmas cookies.

Interestingly, I felt sluggish after a few days of that and am now getting my energy back after getting home, paring back to normal eating and longer cardio workouts. Glad I don't live like that all the time!
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I am up .8 of a pound. But have not exercised in over 2 weeks due to a torn medial meniscus. I'm fairly happy it wasn't more!!
  • CMENOW30
    CMENOW30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I gained 8 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I must admit I enjoyed every piece of pie and slice of turkey..but Jan 1, 2014 I'm back to counting every calorie...
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I gained 7-8 in the past few weeks....no biggie. I haven't been on track for a few months but I am motivated now. Plan is to lose 6 pounds this month.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Overall for the month I'm down 3lbs didn't check this week bc of TOM and it always throws my weight off so I took my weight from last week. I figure even if I gained that 3lbs with Christmas was okay with maintaining. The important thing is I ate in moderation even though it was things I don't have very often like fudge.
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I put on six pounds...Not too bad, I don't think...

Reaan:bigsmile:
  • Fatstuff101
    Options
    I gained too, lots, but enjoyed every bit as well
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Gained 1lb I think, first time I've managed to not eat so much in Xmas holidays
  • piratebear1
    piratebear1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I gained 5lb in 3 days !!! :-( - the weigh in was what I needed to kick me back into gear - so have literally walked off 3lb in the past 4 days by doing 4 walks of over 12 miles - 3lb has come off again :-)
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm not even gonna weigh... My britches are tight, though, so it cannot be good. :-/