C25K challenge, getting started

Options
I am getting started with the couch to 5K program this week as well as myfitnesspal. Anyone else out there doing the same? How about we check in weekly to keep each other going? I have done two of the walk/jog workouts this week. My goal for the week is to do some form of exercise daily this week (walk, yoga, just move daily) and do the three C25K workouts. I am using theC25K Active app and its great!

Looking forward to hearing from you! :smile:

Replies

• tonyalenore
    tonyalenore Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am starting to walk / run a couple days a week as well, I have been adding in a little running for a couple weeks now. I had just been walking and yoga a few days a week. I started using the runkeeper app since it links with mfp, but it's similar to the c25k app I think. You can program run / walk intervals into the app, so I added the first couple weeks of the c25k program into it so far.

I'll add you, I'd love to have someone to check in with :)
  • miz4wagon
    Options
    ive just downloaded the c25k app and plan on starting it tomorrow :) feel free to add me
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Hey all, the C25k program is a great program, you are going to love it if you stick with it. Just wanted to let you know that there is a C25k group on here that offers great info and tips. They are a great group of people and helped me on my journey of the c25k app..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

Check out the link above!!
  • kellimontanez3
    kellimontanez3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the thread!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hey all, the C25k program is a great program, you are going to love it if you stick with it. Just wanted to let you know that there is a C25k group on here that offers great info and tips. They are a great group of people and helped me on my journey of the c25k app..

^^^this^^

join the group. there are "daily check in" threads and a bunch of other good stuff. it's a good app, good luck.
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 25 app as well. Just downloaded it today and would love a group to check in with and be accountable to. Pls add me. Maybe we could have a group? Thanks!!
  • milo985
    Options
    I am getting started with this also. I downloaded several free apps and trying to decide which I like best. Fell free to add me as well. I regularly ride my bike and hike but I have friends who have been bugging me to start running. So here I go.
  • xHayley19
    xHayley19 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am on the exact same boat! Although I had previously made an account I never used it and so I am new to MFP. Had enough with my size and being overweight and want to change this. I have always been chubby but piled on the pounds when I had to stop playing rugby due to an injury but am still bother with knee pain. I want to start c25K today and was trying to rope my mum into it too as she seemed interested but having someone else to keep in touch with and help support each other sounds fantastic
  • kellimontanez3
    Options
    Hi all! I hope you all have had a successful day. I finished logging in what I ate today and my exercise. One of my pitfalls is not logging in what I eat daily. My goal for the week is to log in daily and finish the first week of the C25K app. What is your goal for the week?
    :happy:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    get all good luck with the program is how I started running again. now I do half ago I can tell you it works if you do it right.
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options

^^^this^^

join the group. there are "daily check in" threads and a bunch of other good stuff. it's a good app, good luck.

Thanks for the Group link. I am on C25K Free from Zen Labs and tomorrow is WK2 Day 2.
  • KeysGirl23
    KeysGirl23 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday the 13th as well. I have talked to my boss to get some advice because he runs the Boston Marathon. He told me that if I am not active then I should follow the C25K training program exactly with no other lower body impact exercise to prevent shin splints and any other injuries that could easily arise. That includes aerobics, jogging, walking, strength training, etc. I have a feeling I am going to find that a bit frustrating the first few weeks because I will feel like I'm not getting enough exercise in. I will have to find some upper body things to do in the mean time. Guess my garden will get a lot of tending to :flowerforyou:

Thank you for the Group link and please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • leeannhurley
    Options
    This morning I did my first day of C25K. I downloaded the app so that it would help me along the process. It tells you when to jog and when to walk so it's perfect. I also set up some nice morning running music which makes a huge difference. For my experience on day 1... it wasn't that bad. I walk multiple times a week about 3 miles but that is nothing compared to jogging and I can't remember the last time I jogged. I actually found that the first 60 second jog was over before I thought it would be and went by pretty quick but as I continued through the full time it got more difficult and I got a little tired but I just pushed myself and kept saying "it's only 60 more seconds". After I was done I felt really good that I had just completed 2.2 miles in 30 minutes. Hoping to be one of those people that can go for a 3 mile jog one day =)
  • kellimontanez3
    Options
    I am using that app too. I also joined the already established group, someone listed the link above in this post. Great job on your first workout! I started week two this week and will get my second workout in tomorrow, am.