Options
2»

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Hi, can some tell me what is this p90X.
    Thanks

It's a workout program you do at home that consists of 12 different workout DVD's and it comes with a comprehensive fitness guide and nutrition guide. It incorporates 3 days of strength training with 2 days of cardio and 1 day of yoga for 6 workouts a week...7 if you want to do the stretching video, but most people use that 7th day as rest. It is a complete total body workout and I love it. I am starting it over tomorrow with a mix of Turbo Kick as well. :flowerforyou:
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    i would stay away from that program!

And Why??? This program has been the best thing that has happened to me as far as health and fitness wise!!!
  • mbineshaq
    mbineshaq Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I personally experimented a bit and realized that even 1 a week will prevent my from "GAINING" wight. But the point of this program is to do it everyday because the instant results get you excited and motivation and keeps you goin. But if you are committed enough to do it 2 or 3 times a weeks I guess that fine. Its not just better than nothing .. its actually a well prepared exercise session thats better than you just hitting the GYM and jumping around from one machine to another randomly.

What I like about it is that it replaces the GYM session with a much more intense one that I can do at home..so no need for the daily prepping the GYM bag and drive routine.
  • azbutterfly1324
    azbutterfly1324 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If the time commitment is what's keeping you from doing it daily, then look into p90x3. It packs workouts similar to p90x into daily workouts of 30 minutes. Almost ANYONE can find 30 minutes a day!!

Any workout is better than none, but I can't imagine you would do more than maybe maintain your current weight with only using it a couple times a week. I did the entire 90 day program (only missed one day) and had amazing results. It was the most fit that me (and my husband) have ever been in our entire adult lives.
  • Pete0725
    Pete0725 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I recently completed the program and didn't find anything that would want me to tell people to stay away from it.