Slimming world?

Options
anyone else here also doing slimming world? be nice to meet some others who are and share recipes etc

Replies

• bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wantanicebum
    Options
    I ammmm. Starting today. It's so annoying that there isn't a slimming world food diary! This is fine, but you know...
    How are you finding it? How long have you been doing it? I lost one and a half stone once on it. Put it back on. Haha :( xx
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Funny how more people are posting about this now. I started Tuesday and love it so far! Add me if you like
    I ammmm. Starting today. It's so annoying that there isn't a slimming world food diary! This is fine, but you know...
    How are you finding it? How long have you been doing it? I lost one and a half stone once on it. Put it back on. Haha :( xx

I don't know about the UK site but on the US site there is one under "My Weight Loss Tools" that I use every day. They want you to track your food so there must be one somewhere.
  • AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ive been on it about 15 weeks but ive had 2 holidays (so didnt lose/gained those weeks) so lost 13 and a half lb all together so close to getting my stone award hopefully i'll get it next time
  • vikkibaptie
    vikkibaptie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I've been using MFP to track slimming world for the last 11 weeks. I've lost exactly a stone and 5 inches off my waist! I'm hoping to get some good news on the scales tonight!

Here's my tips for using MFP for SW:

1. Change diary names: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
    Breakfast changed to Super Free
    Lunch changed to free
    Dinner changed to Healthy A
    Snacks changed to Healthy B
    Added Syns
    It looks weird to anyone not doing slimming world but really does help to track,

2. Remove all nutrient trackers and ignore calories: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
    It's hard to ignore, but really try to just add the types of food you're eating rather than being overly bothered about counting calories. After all this is the reason SW is awesome.

3. If you can't be bothered to track all foods just track syns. In general 20 calories = 1 syn.

4. Add your syn totals in your food notes. I add the following each day 3 syns (40/70) where the 40 is the total syns for this week and 70 is how many syns you want to have in total that week.

5. Track your exercise and get those body magic stickers! Just print out your exercise log or copy it onto the body magic tracker.

6. Only update your weight once a week with your value from class

And I think that's it! We've just had a tasting session so I'm eating loads of healthy and tasty food - you've got to love SW!!

Good luck!

Vikki x
  • ThehungryveganUK
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm considering doing Slimming World from home, its the only plan that's worked for me in the past. Nice to know there's a way of doing the diary on here for it, thanks for that info.
    Feel free to add me anyone, I need all the help I can get!
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Great advice x
    Hiya,

I've been using MFP to track slimming world for the last 11 weeks. I've lost exactly a stone and 5 inches off my waist! I'm hoping to get some good news on the scales tonight!

Here's my tips for using MFP for SW:

1. Change diary names: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
    Breakfast changed to Super Free
    Lunch changed to free
    Dinner changed to Healthy A
    Snacks changed to Healthy B
    Added Syns
    It looks weird to anyone not doing slimming world but really does help to track,

2. Remove all nutrient trackers and ignore calories: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
    It's hard to ignore, but really try to just add the types of food you're eating rather than being overly bothered about counting calories. After all this is the reason SW is awesome.

3. If you can't be bothered to track all foods just track syns. In general 20 calories = 1 syn.

4. Add your syn totals in your food notes. I add the following each day 3 syns (40/70) where the 40 is the total syns for this week and 70 is how many syns you want to have in total that week.

5. Track your exercise and get those body magic stickers! Just print out your exercise log or copy it onto the body magic tracker.

6. Only update your weight once a week with your value from class

And I think that's it! We've just had a tasting session so I'm eating loads of healthy and tasty food - you've got to love SW!!

Good luck!

Vikki x
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    Nooooo don't do it!
    I found personally it was such a scam! I gained nearly a stone and I was so careful. The lady didn't know what was going on and asked if I was cheating and refused to believe me when i promised I didn't, then she tried to blame 4 lbs on the fact I has eaten coconut and thought it was a free food!
    When I said it had really failed and I'm not coming back, she refused to pay the money I had spent on it back even though they promise to refund you if it doesn't work. I know a girl from another group (who I go to work with) who gave a similar story!

Please don't waste time and money.
    (especially of you live in Ipswich!!!)