Returned to MFP and in need of buddies

Options
So I was doing so well on here last year, then life kinda got in the way. 2013 wasn't my year to say the least and I kinda fell off the face of the earth!

But its a new year, fresh start and all that jazz! Need to knuckle down and get serious and the best way for me to do that is support. All people, ages, shapes and sizes feel free to add me! I would really appreciate the help and support and will give back pleanty of encouragement and advice in return.

Good luck for 2014!

Replies

• sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    HI Jane, Glad to be on your buddy team. I am back too with a Jan 1st start. I was down to goal weight in the spring of 2013 but broke my wrist and then my ribs. The lack of exercise really did me in. Gained close to 10 pounds I need to get off again. Goal is to have it off by spring again this year and keep it off! I need a support group too and helps me be accountable! Back to healthy eating, and exercise.
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as well. I am back on track and realizing that I need to be on here supporting others to help myself stay on track!
  • CompressedCarbon
    CompressedCarbon Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you look on the "getting started" home page, there are four guys who have posted Adopt a noob (or in Snowflehk's case, return-a-noob) threads. They are all solid people with some great information and willing to share that information. Take advantage of what they are offering.
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat :-( I did really well up until may/June this year when I went back to work after being unemployed for two & half years. Now I'm starting over after gaining back nearly all the weight I lost.

Feel free to add me, anyone
  • soonergirl03
    soonergirl03 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm also back to MFP starting today. I had a bad 2013 and hoping 2014 will be a much better year. My life started a downhill fall last May when a tornado came thru missed my house by 3 blocks so very fornuate there but had no electricity or roof for 2 weeks then I fell in Aug in hurt my back, and I have lupus and found out in Oct that its now attacking my bone marrow so its a new year and after losing 60 pounds and gaining over 40 back from last year I'm returning to MFP to start a new me, I need all the buddies and encouragement I can get!
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Ok how is it going ladies? I am joining the 90 day challenge to get some motivation. Need to get at least 12 pounds off by end of March. Some of you have surpassed that already. Awesome!
  • workingthisout
    workingthisout Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as all of you. I lost 45 pounds in 2012, but 2013 was a very crazy messy year and I've gained back 25 of those pounds. Everyone should add me as well :)
  • bdizzle11
    Options
    Hi just getting back on track as well, I've been using mfp for a couple years now and love it :) I have lost 40 pounds and am wishing to continue my healthy lifestyle in 2014! Would love some new friends! Feel free to add me!
  • catnorbury
    catnorbury Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean but just like you, i am determined that this year i will dedicate more time tom improving me, which is going to take time and effort but what could be more worthwhile? :smile: lets do this together!
  • CardinalKoolaid
    CardinalKoolaid Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost about 40lbs with MFP about 18 months ago and reached my goal but gained 30lbs back when I had to stop exercising and I got out of the habit of logging my food. Gradually the weight has crept back on so I'm back.

Feel free to add me - I am motivated to get rid of this extra weight :)