20something with 40-50lbs to lose

Options
I am in my late twenties with 40 to 50 pounds to lose. I was once very active on MFP, but have since slipped off the wagon, along with most of my MFP friends.

Now I'm looking for new friends to stay on track with me as I get back into this.

2014 is the year. Who's in?

Replies

• curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what has happened to me. Let's help each other!
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    Awesome! Nice to meet you, CurlySue :)
  • blondeillegally
    Options
    Me too.. I'm trying to get in shape bc I want to be fine for 25..lol ???? These online thing is new to me, but I'm looking to motivate not only myself but others as well
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    Hi, Blondeillegally! Glad to meet you.

Anyone else in with a similar goal who'd like to be friends?
  • sassymc86
    sassymc86 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    hey all,

I could do with some help with motivation!

I'm 27, my height is 5'6 weighing in at 202lbs I've tried losing weight before and do quite well for a month then fall of the wagon big time and tend to get bigger then what I started. Not Good!

This will be the first time I've ever shared my progress which is what I'm hoping might be the key!

If anyone can help it would be a massive support.

Thanks
    Sara :D
  • HealthyDr
    HealthyDr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds just like mine! I'm going to send you a fried invite, I really need support too :)
  • HealthyDr
    HealthyDr Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've sent you all invites :)
  • nattypatty26
    nattypatty26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I eel the same. I seem to fall off the wagon and i need to stick to it . I wanna lose 50 pounds and get back in shape! I would love to add others for some motivation!
  • regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Good gosh your story could be that of my very own, SADLY my 20's are but a distant memory and I find myself at the wrong end of my 30's, but it would be an honour and a privilege to motivate and support such a noble endeavour!:glasses:

I shall friend request you and see where this leads!
  • lolalu
    lolalu Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey everybody! I could also benefit from some camaraderie- I'm 26, 215 and my goal is to be 150ish by summer.
  • CoreyJBooth
    Options
    Pretty much the same as me! I to used to use MFP but ended up stopping it for a reason I cannot remember (Probably to lazy to log) but now I intend to really take the logging seriously :)
    I hope you can achieve your goals, I am looking to lose 26lbs so hopefully we can help each other out :)
  • AngelWings0609
    AngelWings0609 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've got more to lose, in my 20's, and have also fallen off the wagon awhile back... This time I'm taking it slow and going from day to day. I know where you've been and have delt with this before, however, this time around is goiong to be different!! add me if you'd like!
  • ma1360
    ma1360 Posts: 1
    Options
    I also used to be on every day faithfully. But had a really bad 2013. Lost my dog of 17 years, 2 relatives, and my very best friend right before Christmas. So i really got off track. But i'm back and hopefully motivated enough to stay on track this time.
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    This is great! It's so nice to see that there are so many in the same boat. We can do this!!
  • merky101
    Options
    I'm in.
  • MJay0023
    MJay0023 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was on a diet in HS. Lost a good amount of weight, but I've put 60lbs back on since then. In 2013, I did that same diet and lost some weight, but switched to MFP a bout a week ago. I'm in my 20s as well, but I only want to lose 20-30 more pounds, If that's okay I'm in too. Plus, I'm new to MFP and could use some friends. :)
  • kash0214
    Options
    seems like im in the same boat too! New to MFP - would love to lose 50-60 lbs!
    Just seems that once i get started something happens and i fall off the bandwagon. Then i get back to my original start :/
  • MrsSwink
    MrsSwink Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with 40-50 lbs to loose, I am on logging and encouraging others every day, feel free to friend request me! 2014 is the year of taking back my health :)
  • bluedreamqueen
    bluedreamqueen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Im Jessica and I just signed up. Could use some friends to help me stay motivated.
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    It's great that there are so many of us! Any others?