High heels and shoes in general

Options
CoryIda
CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
I am tall and my husband is short - there's 4 inches separating us (I'm 5'10", he's 5'6") anyway, but I LOOOOVE high heels and it puts him just about at eye level with my chest, which he doesn't really mind. :blushing:
Anyway, I had a lot of high heels when I met him but, as I gained more and more weight, it became painful to wear heels for more than an hour or two. Well...
At 23 pounds gone so far, I can rock my heels again without pain! It's amazing how much of a difference 23 fewer pounds can make!
Also, I've noticed that all of my shoes are getting loose/roomy - anyone else have this experience? I know I had to wear larger sizes when I was at my heaviest because my feet were too fat for my normal size, but I was still a little surprised at what a difference this has made. I have over 75 pounds left to lose, but I wouldn't be surprised if I lost a full size - I'm already down a half-size in my shoe.
Anyway, that's my success - I can rock my heels again AND my shoes are getting loose. :smile:

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Guuurl! You strut your stuff!! :o) That is awesome!! I've never been able to wear heels because well, I'm not coordinated enough...and I could use the extra inches. On a good day I'm 5'3"...haha! :o)

I don't know if I ever paid much attention to my feet as far as sizes go. I probably didn't make the connection. I do have a lot more size 7's in my closet from a year ago and now I'm back in my 6's and even 5's...but I always feel like shoe sizes differ so much from shoe to shoe. Today I'm going to a store call Running Central to get fitted and all that jazz. So I guess I will really see! :o)

But I am so happy about your heels....and that your husbands view is back... :tongue:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I love heels too :) As far as loosing a size, i guess I will have to wait and see :)

I agree with TaraMaria on the view thing though :smile:
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is one goal I can not wait to get to! I can't wait to wear sky-high heels, which of course I can't right now with all this weight. I've heard that people who start running notice that their feet get bigger, but I've never heard of your feet shrinking along with the rest of you when losing weight. Either way, that is a great acomplishment! You have just given me more of an incentive to get this weight off! YAY!! I'm so happy for you! :flowerforyou:
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I think I've gained a half size in my shoes as I've gained (several) dress sizes. I, too, used to wear high heels all the time, until I broke one of my big toes a few years ago. I don't think I'll ever be able to wear them again.
  • turboandrea
    Options
    I dropped from a 10 to a 9. It's nuts.
  • hopebird
    hopebird Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have had a similar experience. Almost all (if not all) of my shoes are too big... some unbearably too big as in ‘heels falling off when I walk down the street’ too big. I find having to replace clothes because they are too big soooooo satisfying but even when I was bigger I had fairly nice shoes so I am sad to see some of them go. It is probably the only ‘downside’ to losing the weight that I’ve come up with and it has resulted in some showe-shopping that my husband can’t call me on so I really can’t complain :smile:

And since losing 50+ pounds I have been wearing more skirts which has really allowed me to showcase my new cute shoes which I am loving! Today I am wearing my new black patent leather tie-up pumps with some dark charcoal tights... I am getting way more compliments on the shoes than I would if they were buried under dress pants! I :heart: shoes!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Whoo congrats everyone on the progress.It does depend on the type of shoe,style and brand on what size I am with shoes.I have noticed my feet went from wide to extra wide(really hard to find shoes for!!) so I'm really glad I've gone down and so have my feet.I have been running so I can comment on that-my feet do swell after running but then it goes away.Put your feet up on the wall to reduce swelling,I used to have to do this several times a day now only at night whoohoo!
  • katsmeow77
    Options
    I'm going to comment on the height difference between you and your husband. You must be a very confident person to wear heels knowing you are already taller. My husband is only an inch or two shorter than me (I'm 5'11"), but I don't have the guts to wear heels. It makes me sad too, because most cute shoes have some sort of heel or elevation to them.
  • CoryIda
    Options
    I'm going to comment on the height difference between you and your husband. You must be a very confident person to wear heels knowing you are already taller. My husband is only an inch or two shorter than me (I'm 5'11"), but I don't have the guts to wear heels. It makes me sad too, because most cute shoes have some sort of heel or elevation to them.

More importantly, my husband is confidant enough to be comfortable having his wife tower over him. In the heels I'm wearing today, I am 6'1" - and these aren't even my tallest.
    For me, though, it's less about confidence than it is just that I am VERY girly. Growing up tall (I've been this height since before I was 12 and since before I grew boobs) and being named Cory, which is generally a boy's name, I reverted to being VERY girly in my clothing choices - skirts and dresses make up at least 75% of my wardrobe, and heels work best with them as well. Other than flip-flops (which are of course sparkly), my only "sensible shoes" are my tennis shoes that I wear ONLY to work out in. Other than that, it's heels and a few ballet flats.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I lost a whole shoe size! I was happy with that but it also made me realize how fat I was, that my feet could lose an entire size. Oddly enough Id been the same (big) shoe size even when I was a lot thinner. I think its a body fat thing. Now I have a closet of 40+ pairs of heels that are unwearable. I think its craigslist time.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    looks like we have close to the same weight loss goal! I also have lost about 1/2 size in my shoes. I need to re measure but I even measure the width of my feet to see how much I lose. I'll have to check it out again.

Ta ta for now!
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    I'm 5'10" also & I love heals. I've noticed my high heels are so much more comfortable at this weight (especially the 4 1/2" stiletto's I wore for Halloween). I haven't noticed any decrease in size, but boy would I love that. Do you know how hard it is to find cute shoes in 11 wide?:mad: I'd be surprised if I went down a size, since I've worn an 11 since I was 11 (that's when I hit 5'10", too), but I'd be happy to loose the wide part.

Can't wait till get closer to my goal weight. I'll be pulling some really high heals out of the back of the closet.
  • CoryIda
    Options
    I'm 5'10" also & I love heals. I've noticed my high heels are so much more comfortable at this weight (especially the 4 1/2" stiletto's I wore for Halloween). I haven't noticed any decrease in size, but boy would I love that. Do you know how hard it is to find cute shoes in 11 wide?:mad: I'd be surprised if I went down a size, since I've worn an 11 since I was 11 (that's when I hit 5'10", too), but I'd be happy to loose the wide part.

Can't wait till get closer to my goal weight. I'll be pulling some really high heals out of the back of the closet.

I've always had really wide feet, too - but normal or relatively small for my height and build (even slender, I have a large frame). I wore an 8 wide at my thinnest but was generally an 8 1/2 wide - at my heaviest I would have to wear 9 1/2 wide or even 10 wide (they were too long but they were a little wider than 9 1/2 wide). Now I really need a 9 wide and I still have 75+ pounds to go.
  • Brittanyohlendorf
    Brittanyohlendorf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i have had this same exact problem i bought some heels before right as I started my lifestyle change and they flopp right off my feet guess I was swollen. It happens guess time to buy new ones
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!