Replies

• fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I would love to get one.
  • kimsue123
    kimsue123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Body Buggs are very helpful! I wish they could be in a location where other people can't see them though (lots of questions).
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/viviakay

I just got a bodymedia (pretty much the same thing, but a bit less expensive). I blogged about it at great length.

I love it so far.
  • cozzy530
    Options
    Do a google search on them. I found a lot of reviews from users who had nothing but problems with it.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Body Bugg is indeed one of the best HRM on market today. I am getting one as a Christmas gift. So excited! And you can wear it all day and it'll still be the most accurate. A lot of HRM's you can't wear all day. It goes out of whack. I totally think it's worth it!
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/viviakay

I just got a bodymedia (pretty much the same thing, but a bit less expensive). I blogged about it at great length.

I love it so far.

Nice blog post! Thanks for sharing.
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and I love it. It really helps keep me focused and at the end of the day, you will know if you met your goals for the day with calorie burning or if you need to do more.
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have a bodybugg and I love it and have not had trouble out of it.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I had one for six months...and lost 45 pounds. I sold it about a month ago on Ebay. It's really not much different then this site and a pedometer. It did tell me when I had the hightest burn....so I knew what I should do to get the max from my workout.. The food log in was a pain.....not everything is listed. It's way better here.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!! I'm not a fan of their food intake interface so I use the one here and do the burn interface there.
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    LOVE the bodybug... didnt love the website that came with it. Thats the only hard part is you have to upload your bodybug to their website. It is a GREAT device and I found it to be VERY accurate :) Would definitely recommend it.

I would like to eventually invest in the watch that goes with it though so I can see throughout the day what my burn is.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    LOVE the bodybug... didnt love the website that came with it. Thats the only hard part is you have to upload your bodybug to their website. It is a GREAT device and I found it to be VERY accurate :) Would definitely recommend it.

I would like to eventually invest in the watch that goes with it though so I can see throughout the day what my burn is.

I have the display and it was worth the $75. I don't have to upload to see where I stand.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for almost two years.......ABSOLUTELY NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM!!! Yes, you will get some strange looks on occassion and every now and then someone will nut up and ask you what it is.

I love that you can set goals and it beeps when you have met them, my goal is to get all the beeps as early as possible :tongue:

I also bought the bodymedia version because it was less expensive and I got the watch/ display with it for less than the body bugg model but after a lot of research they are both made by bodymedia only difference is the web site for loggin info and which arm it is supposed to go on for best results.

I can't recommend it enough, worth the initial cost and $7 a month to keep it ALIVE :happy:
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how this compares with the FitBit? www.fitbit.com I am seriously considering buying one or the other, the FitBit seems to be new so I haven't been able to gather any reviews outside of the corporate ads.
  • Nich0le
    Options
    I just looked up info on the fitbit, there is a lot, it is only about 95% accurate and can clip to your clothing. There is a lot of talk about the sleep pattern calculator on the fit bit being something wonderful and new...........newsflash, the bodybugg and it's less expensive twin already do that yet it is never mentioned in any comparison, and like I commented, I doubt the sleep pattern app is going to make or break your sale.

It has only been out for about a year, maybe two, I would give it a little time. The body bugg and gowear fit are both made by the same company and they created it along with monitors for diabetes patients and other patients with medication needs, did a ton of testing and use in hospitals before ever selling it publicly. It uses similar technology to an HRM to help accurately determine your calorie burn.....it must be worn against your skin and the more you wear it the more accurate it becomes.

Fitbit does not have to be worn, it sounds like it is basically an expensive pedometer. If I were going to choose and my budget called for something less expensive I would first look at gowearfit.com...you can get the bodybugg twin for up to $100 less than the biggest loser model if that was still out of my budget I would consider purchasing a reputable HRM, like polar or garmin.

my two cents :wink:
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Is there a transfer fee if you buy a bugg used? I was just google surfing and seen this? Anyone know?
  • Nich0le
    Options
    Is there a transfer fee if you buy a bugg used? I was just google surfing and seen this? Anyone know?

NO there is not a transfer fee and when you sign up they will give you your first month for free. They recommend cleaning the sensors and either clean or purchase a new armband strap. You can sign up at bodymedia.com or bodybugg.com and the monthly fee is about $7.