Questions on entering food diary?

Options
When I enter all the data it doesn't give me an option to enter into my log. Am I doing something wrong? Help please:laugh:

Replies

• Tammy770
    Tammy770 Posts: 5
    Options
    When I enter all the data it doesn't give me an option to enter into my log. Am I doing something wrong? Help please:laugh:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    First, 18.gif

Second, not sure where you are talking about--are you trying to add a new food or what?
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i think you mean you set up your account, but you want to know where to enter food? at the top of the website, there are several tabs including my home, food, exercise, reports, tools, and community. click on the "food" tab to enter your daily food log. you could also go to "my home" and then click on food diary, like mid-way down the screen. hope that's the question you were asking, if not, let us know exactly what you're talking bout and we'll get ya hooked up:wink:
  • Tammy770
    Options
    Wow thanks for the fast response. Ok I go to FOOD, then to MY MEALS, click on my meals. I see the meal detail for: (the meal I want to enter) And the items in that meal are listed there. QUESTION IS: how do I get that meal entered into my diary? I don't see any button to do this, thanks all, Tammy
  • natalie1
    natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    NO, no, ignore "meal" tab- you don't need it ( I don't even know why we have that tab).
    Go to "food". It will take you to food diary.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the fast response. Ok I go to FOOD, then to MY MEALS, click on my meals. I see the meal detail for: (the meal I want to enter) And the items in that meal are listed there. QUESTION IS: how do I get that meal entered into my diary? I don't see any button to do this, thanks all, Tammy

To find a food you've created into a meal, click on the 'add food' button, and do a search for it. It should come up in a database list. Highlight it, and then click 'add to' button
  • Tammy770
    Options
    Can I click on a matching meal and get it to go into the diary? Thanks again.
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the meal thing is a bit confusing.

If you notice on your food diary pages, with each segment (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner ....) you have the option to "Remember Meal".

It's handy if you have exactly the same meal over and over. Once you've saved it as a 'Meal' you do have to search for it the same way you would for any food you're putting in your food diary entry.

Another way to use the menu feature is to enter one serving's worth of a particular recipe. I find it handy for things like homemade lemonade, since I know exactly how much lemon juice and sugar I use for my recipe, and exactly how much I serve for each portion, but it's also useful for other fairly simple homemade dishes that don't really require as much calculation as a real 'recipe.' For example, tonight I made a simple chicken dish of chicken thighs, tomatoes, tarragon vinegar, garlic and , parsley. I just guesstimated how much of each would would wind up in the individual servings, entered that into one of my food diary spaces and saved it as a 'Meal'. Once I'd done that, I deleted those entries in my food diary, did another food diary search for that specific meal (whatever the title I'd given it), and entered '1 meal' worth of that item as part of my dinner. Sounds a bit complex, but once you create it as a meal, it's there in the database for your own use.

HTH!
  • Tammy770
    Options
    I got it, takes a while to get (did for me) but yes I understand. Now I am trying to get the total of protein, carb, fat to be as close to the recommened amount. Nearly impossible. Planning to make about 7 days worth of meals and just rotate them. I am never to go below 1200 because that sends my body into starvation mode. Trying to get my recommened 1700 calories isn't as easy as it sounds. When you are eatting fruits, vegetables, and good protein. You have to eat alot. Also I am eatting every 3 hours. I am always full. If anyone has any good food combinations to share, I would love to hear them. Thanks all, have a blessed day:smile::bigsmile: :heart: :laugh: