Do you think this is too much exercise?

Options
I have been lifting heavy 5 days a week with one day of pure cardio and one rest day for a month and eating according to my workouts (I eat a LOT). I'm seeing really good results, and planned to increase weights (just to what my body can handle), add 15 minutes of cardio after strength, and change my pure cardio day to 20-30 minutes of HIIT. I made these adjustments according to what I think my body can handle.

But then I remembered I signed up for 3 PE classes that are a little over an hour long with a friend of mine to stay active.They run from Mon-Fri and are all fitness classes like the ones in a gym. I don't have anything else to do because I don't transfer until the fall, and I can't work YET because I was hospitalized for most of the time in 2013 and am still being monitored. I think I would be alright, but I am worried that this might be over training.

I THINK if I make sure Saturday is definitely a rest day and Sunday is JUST a short HIIT session I will be okay. And of course I'll be playing with calorie intake (most likely adding more) to accomodate.

I'm also wondering, if this isn't over training, would it be okay to not split up my workouts? As in, do my regular workout session and then my PE class? Or should I do one in the morning (which would have to be PE) and one in the evening?

What do you guys think?

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    why dont you just do it and find out? i had crazier workout routines when i as in rugby off season and i survived, no injuries. but my guess is that you'll drop from exhaustion before you get injured

but really why are you working out that much? are you training for something? if it's just to see weight loss results then i would wager a bet that if you have to do all that to see results you are eating too much. eventually that will catch up with you in terms if weight gain.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • JustineTakesItBack
    JustineTakesItBack Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    why dont you just do it and find out? i had crazier workout routines when i as in rugby off season and i survived, no injuries. but my guess is that you'll drop from exhaustion before you get injured

but really why are you working out that much? are you training for something? if it's just to see weight loss results then i would wager a bet that if you have to do all that to see results you are eating too much. eventually that will catch up with you in terms if weight gain.

I think I will just try it out after all. I can always drop before the drop date if I need to.

I work out because it makes me feel good. I don't think I work out too much right now, though. I know I said I trained 6 days a week but only for 30 min-1 hour and only one muscle group a day. I'm trying not to burn out, but I like how working out makes me feel. Helps me mentally! I will ask my trainer about my calorie intake.
    What are your goals?
    To lose body fat, and get stronger. Yes, I want to lose weight, but I don't mind if it's a slow loss if my BF% is going down.