Help, not losing weight

Options
I'm 4' 11'' and 101 pounds but I look fat/plump. I wanted to get down to 90 pounds for some reason I really wanted to look skinny since my boyfriend is skinny (he is chinese, I'm partly chinese). I just want us to look good :(

I have this problem of not eating the required 1200 calories set by MFP. I eat around 600-900 calories a day. Whenever I want to eat more, I tend to vomit them or I feel uncomfortable around my stomach area.

Typical food:

breakfast - 2-3 thin slices of pork meat and 1 cup of Chinese cabbage with salt
lunch - 2-3 thin slices of pork meat and 1 cup of Chinese cabbage with salt ( same as breakfast)
snack after lunch - peanuts, chips
dinner - 1 breast chicken or takoyaki balls (or sometimes I don't feel eating dinner)

I drink coffee or tea, some water also.
I exercise rarely though.
please advise... :)

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    You might feel uncomfortable due to too much cabbage! That would give me a bloated stomach ache! Ty some more fruits and eat at least 1200 cals. Try adding some exercise like jogging
  • klukasik
    klukasik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need to tone not lose weight. You are very thin for 4'11. I would try finding activities that tone your muscles rather than eating less. I also think that you need to eat more. If you are eating 600-900 calories you are in starvation mode and your body is fighting to stay alive so it is not going to burn any calories. Your diet some of the required foods that have essential vitamins and minerals. I would try to add some healthy foods to your diet, reduce the cabbage it makes you bloat (may also be why you feel that you are pudgy), and do muscle toning activities.
  • masami12345
    Options
    Ok, I'll find some more alternative to that.
  • masami12345
    Options
    It sounds like you need to tone not lose weight. You are very thin for 4'11. I would try finding activities that tone your muscles rather than eating less. I also think that you need to eat more. If you are eating 600-900 calories you are in starvation mode and your body is fighting to stay alive so it is not going to burn any calories. Your diet some of the required foods that have essential vitamins and minerals. I would try to add some healthy foods to your diet, reduce the cabbage it makes you bloat (may also be why you feel that you are pudgy), and do muscle toning activities.

I see. Sounds like I have to tone up my body. Would you have any suggestions on how can I do this? thanks
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi check out my thread. I got some really great answers to easy exercises for a beginner:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1158388-easy-exercises-for-a-beginner
    If you don't exercise then I would start by walking 10 min in one direction and then walking back. Work up to greater distances.
    If you can get the c25k app then you can start jogging. It's quite a good program to work up from the couch to running 5 km.
    make sure you eat more so that you have the energy to exercise.
  • becmarkwick
    becmarkwick Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    HI,

I would try some situps, pushups, lunges, squats and dips. All can be done in your loungeroom while you watch tv!
  • masami12345
    Options
    thanks for the replies! Will try these out :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    bodyweight exercises are a great idea, but you need to eat more, unless you want bad skin and no hair?
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm confused; you 'tend to vomit them'?

Are you saying that if you eat more than 900 calories you either deliberately make yourself vomit, or that you feel so sick you involuntarily vomit?

Either one is a cause for concern, more so than the fact you can't lose weight. Visit your doctor.

By the way, at 101lb, you are not overweight. You need to burn bodyfat, not lose weight, and the best way to do that is to throw the scales away, eat a sensible calorie amount (preferably maintenance) and do some strength training.
  • masami12345
    Options
    Sorry, I'm confused; you 'tend to vomit them'?

Are you saying that if you eat more than 900 calories you either deliberately make yourself vomit, or that you feel so sick you involuntarily vomit?

Either one is a cause for concern, more so than the fact you can't lose weight. Visit your doctor.

By the way, at 101lb, you are not overweight. You need to burn bodyfat, not lose weight, and the best way to do that is to throw the scales away, eat a sensible calorie amount (preferably maintenance) and do some strength training.

Yes sometimes when I eat a lot, I feel uncomfortable around my stomach. So to get rid of that feeling I try to vomit.
    My body fat is around 21% I think. I will try to eat more now and do strength training. :)