Healthy Eating...Dorm style???

Options
Hello!

Any recipe ideas for a very busy nursing student? I do live in an on-campus apartment, but I am on a tight budget. My main issue in my weight loss is my terrible sweet tooth and the convenience of Bojangles.

HELP!

Replies

• hf91
    hf91 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm a busy mom, so I'm used to eating on the fly. For snacks I'm usually eating an apple with peanut butter or mozzarella string cheese, reasonably priced and quick to grab and go. I recommend stocking up on frozen veggies, chicken breasts, and brown rice and making them all on one day (I meal prep on Sundays) that way you only have to grab a Tupperware of vegetables and a chicken breast and rice or some other starch/carb and you're good to go. Obviously can get boring so play with spices and sauces. Try stir fry one day, chili spices then next, etc. I find frozen vegetables to be a great deal and I'm usually able to find good prices on chicken. Depending on your budget you can swap for canned tuna or beans for protein. Not recipes per say, just friendly advice! :) good luck in school, nurses are saints!
  • mef14969
    Options
    Anything you can do in a crockpot would be amazing. They have recipe books specifically for that. Another idea is any of the such and such # of ingredient books. I can't testify as to prices/healthiness because I'm still trying to figure this out for myself. Sorry I'm not much more help than this. Oh and if you have a smart phone get the Target Cartwheel App. You can save a bit of money that way.