So proud of myself.

Options
My entire life, I have been a big girl. I can't remember back to a time where I would consider myself thin. I'm slowly working on changing that. I am officially 56 pounds lighter than I was this time last year. I could have done better, however I let myself give into too much temptation. That doesn't change the fact that I am still immensely proud of myself for coming as far as I have. I promise to anyone reading this..that If I can do it, you can too. :)

I only have very few comparison pictures, because I was to self conscious to allow pictures to be taken of me before.

zafkz.jpg

33ucrgo.jpg

Replies

• Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You've done a fab job Birdie, it does take time to do it and keep it off so despite the wobbles - you are on the right track for a great healthy future. Well done you!

You are gorgeous!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Hey, if you don't let yourself indulge a little bit I find it can be harder to keep the same lifestyle later. It might be slower in losing the weight, but it will happen. As you have already proven.
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You've done an AWESOME job! Congratulations! You look FANTASTIC!
  • RobinAlexader
    RobinAlexader Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. :)
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yay, awesome results! :smokin: Always so pleased to see people succeed in becoming healthier - particularly young people. I wish I'd started earlier. Thanks for the inspiration - hope to one day put my own success story up to inspire like you! :smile:
  • RobinAlexader
    Options
    Thank you..just keep at it darlin', if you set you mind to it..you CAN and WILL succeed. Like I said if I can do it ANYONE can. I was probably the least motivated person on the planet.
  • bluedown10
    bluedown10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yay Birdie!! Very inspired by your story. I have no doubt you will reach your goals.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You could have done better?? COME ON, this is amazing!!!! Give yourself the credit you deserve!
  • Miricsm
    Options
    Amazing, such an inspiration.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    You could have done better?? COME ON, this is amazing!!!! Give yourself the credit you deserve!
    I agree! 56 pounds is quite an accomplishment in one year. Well done! You are a great inspiration.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    fantabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • RobinAlexader
    Options
    Haha thank you ladies. :) i'm definitely proud of myself..but there were a good 4-5 months where I didn't try at all. I ate as much as I wanted..and i didn't even think of working out or being active. .I know that I didn't give it my best. I definitely plan on changing that this year however.
  • Averysfairytale
    Averysfairytale Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! You have done an amazing job~ Keep it up!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Great job. We have a pretty similar story but I'm one year is on the 20th of this month.
  • BettyChampion
    BettyChampion Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well done! We have similar start weights and have set the same goal ;)) I am hoping to go hard this year and catch you up! Very inspirational,

Chrissy
  • lisawilliamsRdx
    Options
    WOW... Well done! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!