Smoothie Recipes W/O milk or yogurt

Options
lili13usa
lili13usa Posts: 1 Member
Please help! Need smoothie recipes that do not use milk or yogurt. I just don't like either. Thanks so much!:happy:

Replies

• Jen_Cole
    Jen_Cole Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I have a recipe with amounts because sometimes I make for just me, and others for the kids and or hubby. But I rarely use milk or yogurt. Mostly, orange juice (fresh not concentrate), frozen mixed berries and maybe a banana to add creaminess, but not always. Then for me I might add protein powder if I need/want it.
  • wild_autumn_wind
    wild_autumn_wind Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    1 cup strawberries
    1 cup blueberries
    (or any other fruits of your choice)
    A ripe banana.
    1 cup vanilla soy milk (or orange juice if you don't prefer that either)
    and I usually add in some Silk Yogurt, it's soy so there's no milk/dairy in it at all!

One of my favorites is a vanilla/peachy smoothie I make with a cup of vanilla soy milk, 1 vanilla Silk soy yogurt, 1 ripe banana, and one or two cut up peaches.

But the "yogurt" is optional really, just experiment to see what you like =)
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    just use plain water, fruit juice, or coconut water in lieu
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    just use plain water, fruit juice, or coconut water in lieu

This...to add protein, use a protein powder, if you want creaminess, add avocado, use nut milk, add nut butter etc.
  • kristylc79
    kristylc79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3/4 medium apple sliced
    1/2 banana sliced
    3-4 pcs frozen mango
    1/4 c frozen berries
    1/2c +/- fresh spinach
    1/4c oj (or other juice of choice)
    1/4c +/- water add more water as needed for consistency

blend and enjoy :-)

I use a 20oz smoothie blender from oster. love it!!
  • aviszus
    Options
    How about making your favorite smoothie recipe and just replacing your milk/yoghurt with almond milk? I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk which only has 30cal per cup. Works great for me.
  • MollMoll821
    MollMoll821 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't use yogurt or milk in any of my smoothies. I either use water, green tea, almond milk or coconut milk. I've never had a recipe taste horrible after replacing the liquid with one of the above! :)
  • CTaylor3369
    Options
    How I make my smoothies without milk or yogurt. I use whatever frozen berry I have on hand and a banana. You don't need to add any milk or yogurt just a bit of water or juice so you have some sort of liquid in your blender. The banana binds and thickens the the ingredients you have chosen to make your smoothie with. You can also buy a bunch of bananas cut them into slices and freeze. Add either a bit of honey or Agava Nectar for sweetness if you want.
  • gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    How about making your favorite smoothie recipe and just replacing your milk/yoghurt with almond milk? I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk which only has 30cal per cup. Works great for me.

I do the same and love it.

Then to make the texture smoothie-like I simply add either frozen blueberries or a frozen banana (or both) or justice. I really like it when it comes out nice and thick.