Hey Ya'll!

Options
I am a week shy of my 30th birthday and ready to change from the inside out. I have some health issues that are not related to weight and something I could not prevent, but, getting to a healthy weight is something I still want to do to prevent other issues that run in my family like diabetes and high blood pressure. Ultimately, I need to lose about 90 pounds, but I am not putting a time limit on it. I want to attack this goal in multiple small goals and make lifestyle adjustments along the way.

My biggest issue is not eating regularly. I am a workaholic and easily put in 80 hours a week. This means that paying attention to what I eat and getting regular exercise have not been a priority. This will not change overnight, but I am committed to making a healthy diet and regular exercise a priority.

For now, the plan is to strength train every other day, do cardio six days a week and do flexibility training four days per week. I also plan to plan my meals and not just grab a Hot Pocket when my stomach grumbles. I am frequently on high-dose steroids so I have to eat very low calories to get the scale to budge (for example, I gain if I eat 1,500 calories a day). I am going to go for low-calorie foods that are packed with nutrients so that I can keep the calories low enough to lose weight without sacrificing nutrients.

On here, I am just looking to meet like minds that simply want to be healthier. I have been overweight for almost all of my life and I just want to break the cycle finally. For the first time in my life I feel truly ready for this.

Replies

• sbuckk
    sbuckk Posts: 6
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm Sarah, pleasure to meet you :)
  • OrchidIsle
    OrchidIsle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and would love to share the journey....just send a request if you would like!:happy: