Turning 50 this year and looking for motivation

Options
Hi,
I live in New Zealand and have spent the last 49 years of my life battling my weight. Last year was a get fatter year despite several attempts to combat the bad eating and poor exercising. I'm a bit of a workaholic too so the long hours don't help matters.

This year I turn 50 and I want to achieve my optimal weight before I do. Lucky for me my birthday's not until Dec so I've got all year to work on it.

I'm looking for new friends to help me stay motivated and focused on my goal. I need to lose about 15 kgs which I think is about 35 pounds. :smile:

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 in a couple of weeks and can tell you that it's NEVER to late to get fit and/or enhance your physique. Motivation comes from you. I have a friend who is also turning 50 and is a workaholic, but is suffering from joint issues, health issues, etc. from being really overweight. I ask him all the time "Is it worth it to work that hard only to not enjoy it because your health is jeopardized?" He told me that he control his work, but not how he eats or exercises. Till he does, then no amount of urging, inspiring or attempt of trying to motivate will happen.
    So you just have to want it. And you'll succeed if you want it as bad as air if you're drowning.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just do it! I just turned 53, and, after losing 51 pounds in about 70 weeks, haven't felt better since I was 30.
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you would like. I have had a successful year, but I have to watch it because I've been getting a bit slack on my eating this holiday! I lost almost 60 lbs in a years time. I have a lot of nerve and joint issues but losing has helped alot!
  • Jftvlp09
    Jftvlp09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation. I agree its never too late. Definitely building in fitness and better eating around my work this year.
  • Jftvlp09
    Jftvlp09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow that's great. You've done really well. Thanks for the motivation