Zombies, Run!

Options
Who else uses Zombies, Run! I just started the 5k trainer with the intro workout tonight... I feel sorry for Sam, and the old Runner 5!

Please no spoilers!

Replies

• JAHodgkinson_uk
    JAHodgkinson_uk Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do! It's great :-) Once you complete the 5k training and go onto zombies, run! You get to build a base and have to defend it and build a community. Really good fun. I like the zombie chase feature too. Once I hear them breathing down my neck it gets me sprinting like a loon, especially when I'm out on moonlit scampers. Enjoy x
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    <
    Kickstarter Funder

I'm rationing Season Two as the third won't be out until next year. I listen to it on long trail runs. You can adjust for a longer mission plus they now have the Air Drop feature. The 5K is good but the series will blow your mind.
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I'm getting that app when I get paid tomorrow!
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I've got one side mission left of season 2 then I'm out of missions until they come out with more next year. Really sad its coming to an end for now. Awesome app though.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    i just started, i'm a couple of episodes in... it's a fantastic app, so much better than just listening to music.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    I've got one side mission left of season 2 then I'm out of missions until they come out with more next year. Really sad its coming to an end for now. Awesome app though.

Have you done the races?
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options

Have you done the races?

Haven't downloaded the races as I originally thought they were just a c25k equivalent but now looking into them again I'm finding out they are not just that so I may be able to get a little mor eof my fix. Thanks
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I loved ZR. All up till it constantly would not work on my phone. It was a brilliant reason to run, I used to replay it while walking with my 20yo son. He loved some of the stories. But even though I sent details of the problem... nothing. SO I uninstalled.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

Have you done the races?

Haven't downloaded the races as I originally thought they were just a c25k equivalent but now looking into them again I'm finding out they are not just that so I may be able to get a little mor eof my fix. Thanks

If you buy the season pass you get the races and side quests. Since you have most of it the races would be good and the side quests (if not already done) significantly pad the episodes. The air drop is where you design your own pick up point and they build a story for you, haven't tried that but it sounds interesting.

The races fill in a lot of detail to the story and are best done in order, the side quests can be done any which way. I've looked at their new app The Walk but it needs some work. Great story but the episodes don't auto play which seems kind of stupid. Theoretically you could use that to run if you finagled it and if they fixed the lack of auto play.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I like it so far. I actually look forward to running again with it. i'm in week 3 so far!
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You will love the series then!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Ditching the work phone and getting my own in a couple weeks and can't wait to download this app. I've heard a lot about it and I can't imagine anything more motivating than being chased by zombies!
  • traceycm1
    traceycm1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Does the 5K one come first?
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm gutted that I can't get this as I really want it but I only have an Android phone. Is there any other alternatives or other audio-type file that's like this that I can get instead?

I think this would be a great idea!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm gutted that I can't get this as I really want it but I only have an Android phone. Is there any other alternatives or other audio-type file that's like this that I can get instead?

I have an Android and can get it! Have you checked again lately?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've looked at their new app The Walk but it needs some work. Great story but the episodes don't auto play which seems kind of stupid.
    I bought The Walk but it's so glitchy I gave up on it. Plus I had to walk like 20 minutes to 'earn' each 1-2 min. clip, which wasn't all that motivating or entertaining. I've heard you can use ZR with walking but I'm leery. Is it more content-heavy?
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options

I have an Android and can get it! Have you checked again lately?

It says my phone isn't compatible with it :(
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    Does the 5K one come first?

No that is a separate app. What I recommend is buying the Season Pass. You can turn the zombie chases off it you are just starting. The SP has all seasons, plus the races and the side missions.

For me the 5K wasn't where I was at fitness wise, but if I had it way back when, I would have loved it.

You can walk with it, I see no reason why you couldn't, if you have the zombie chases on you need to run or walk three times faster for the duration of the chase. Or 30 percent faster, can't recall. It's all on the Six to Start blog.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    I've looked at their new app The Walk but it needs some work. Great story but the episodes don't auto play which seems kind of stupid.
    I bought The Walk but it's so glitchy I gave up on it. Plus I had to walk like 20 minutes to 'earn' each 1-2 min. clip, which wasn't all that motivating or entertaining. I've heard you can use ZR with walking but I'm leery. Is it more content-heavy?

Yes, and you can choose the length, so if you are out for thirty minutes there is more content with your music. I do an hour so it's more spaced out.
  • missmelt
    missmelt Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I love love love it. Keeps me entertained! Plus the radio is great for when youve finished the mission but want to keep going.