support, encouragement , help anyone?

Options
Hey there, well first off I'm Emmy and im 18.I've always been on the heavier side , and I want to change that. I know I can lose weight pretty easily but being in a routine of eating healthy and exercising is so hard for me I really need support and encouragement. Plus help because I want to learn the good way of loosing weight healthily. I need to loose 100lb to be at my ideal weight , but I'm not setting my goal that high since I'll probably give up. Right now my goal is like 40-50 lb, help ? (:

Replies

• EuthaJ
    EuthaJ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi , Just finger out what you really want and go for it!!!
  • miz4wagon
    Options
    Hi emma first of all don't put yourself down....think positive or it will be harder 2 succeed x
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Your looking for a lifestyle change. So make small changes that you can live with for the long run. I find I need to exercise or I get too hungry but in the past I have lost 20kg with my only exercise being walking. (Put it back on with my baby!)
    You need to know what are your diet breakers. There is no point in restricting fatty foods if sweets are your weakness... These will be obvious when you get used to calorie counting. But remember to have all things in moderation so that it is sustainable.

Plan ahead. It's so easy to go for the fast food or junk food when your really hungry and don't have anything at hand.
  • keyerawilliamss
    Options
    I'm Key and I'm 21! I'm looking to drop another 20-30 pounds and reach my goal weight as well as tone up. That's definitely a dream for me. I'm in the process of changing a lot of things in my life and my body/health is just one of them. I'm just here looking for some encouragement, advice at times, and some people to take this journey with me. :)
  • Lucyf517
    Options
    Well the first step is that you want to make a change - well done. You are welcome to friend me as I want to encourage people to achieve their weight and health goals. I have 70lbs to lose to get to goal weight, so I know what it's like to feel that you have a rather large mountain to climb! Try to set yourself little goals ie I am looking to lose 2lbs each week rather than concentration on the whole 70lbs. Good luck anyway and think about all the positives about losing the weight. You'll feel much better, you'll look better and if you're eating well but sensibly it will be an improvement to you health. :happy:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Start small. Set attainable goals....don't try to do everything at once. Meeting smaller goals will give you the encouragement you need to make and reach larger and larger goals.
  • Arty229
    Options
    Everything works at your pace, if you try to cut everything out cold turkey you will just relapse. A good way to go is each weak decide what you are going to change and build up your list as you go. So maybe the first week is: walk 20 min a day, and next week you would add: replace a junkfood snake with a healthy one.

I am trying to lose 70 lbs so I would be happy to support you along this journey. Just remember, if you go lax you are more likely to give up. So keep that fight for your goal up. :)