wealth vs poverty...which are you?

Options
2»

Replies

• ilgirl733
    ilgirl733 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    this post makes me sad, its as though the poor don't have motivation, and that may be true for some, but some poor work very hard to get past being poor
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    this post makes me sad, its as though the poor don't have motivation, and that may be true for some, but some poor work very hard to get past being poor

and some work very hard and never get past being poor
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I'm abundantly wealthy because my Father is rich in houses, land, cattle, etc. Actually, He has the whole world in His hands. I'm so blessed to call Him my Father. :bigsmile:
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm abundantly wealthy because my Father is rich in houses, land, cattle, etc. Actually, He has the whole world in His hands. I'm so blessed to call Him my Father. :bigsmile:

The question would be how many of the above habits does he have?
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We all stand on the shoulders of our ancestors and forefathers.

A nation can't get to the Moon starting with zero information, and you generally won't succeed in life without lessons from the past, even if only from books if you don't have people to teach you.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    11. 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% of poor.

I knew this was the problem. New New Year's Resolution: Become a much better liar.

Yes, this one sort of threw me. I am not in poverty but I think I say what's on my mind or maybe I rant. This one needs more clarification.

I took this to be more broad than telling someone something with the intent of helping/hurting them. For example, having an opinion is fine, but it doesn't always need to be shared; or, one might have an opinion, but not a well thought out or educated one. It helps to know that you might not know what you're talking about, and as such, refrain from commenting. I have a particular acquaintance (rather, a friend of a friend) who is very opinionated about subjects in which she is not well versed. This person has no problem telling you what they think and how they feel, but they take offense when presented with fact that contradict their opinion. Also, I think it might matter *how* one says something rather than simply the content of the message.

The adage "if you don't have something nice to say, it's best not to say anything" also comes to mind. And "it's better to be suspected a fool and remain silent than to speak and remove all doubt".

That's just my take :drinker:
  • Pickle_Ninja
    Options
    Which makes NO sense...people go on and on about how eating healthy is more expensive. Its NOT. Walk through your local grocery store and you can get tons of fresh veggies and fruit....for the same price as a couple burgers. Its not more expensive to eat good, its just people don't want to eat plain and munching on a greasy burger is to some more satisfying than eating a zuccini, apple, and a bowl of mini carrots.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Which makes NO sense...people go on and on about how eating healthy is more expensive. Its NOT. Walk through your local grocery store and you can get tons of fresh veggies and fruit....for the same price as a couple burgers. Its not more expensive to eat good, its just people don't want to eat plain and munching on a greasy burger is to some more satisfying than eating a zuccini, apple, and a bowl of mini carrots.
    i wish people would understand that not every city is designed the same way there's is. depending on where you live and your access to fresh whole foods, healthy eating most certainly is way more expensive.

you are assuming that everyone has access to a local grocery store, believe it or not, some places don't. For instance I live in downtown oakland. we have tons of fast food places, corner stores with every variety and flavor of chip and pop you can imagine.

Whole Foods opened 3 year ago and that became the closest grocery store before then there was nothing. Not sure if you've ever shopped at whole foods, but it's not the cheapest place to shop if you're on a tight budget and only have $5 to spend for dinner. there's a cheaper grocery store further away but you either have to take a cab or have a car to get there from what i hear the pickings arent all that fresh there either.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I do not know if this aspect has been addressed, but what is WEALTHY (Financially). In the USA a family of 4 with a total family income of 250+K per year is considered Upper Middle Class, that's NOT "wealthy". Many of these attributes are PRACTICED by People who make less Money BUT are "Educated" and/or have a "Wealthy/Prosperous/Abundance" Mentality. When I got out of Law School and earned 25-30K per year, there were garbagemen, secretaries, postal workers ...earning wayyyy more money than I did; however MY QUALITY of Life I guarantee was Totally different than theirs. "WEALTH" begins with the Mind/Spirit/Psyche wayyy before it manifests economically or even physically.

As Earth-Wind and Fire sang...FREE YOUR MIND and YOUR AZZ WILL FOLLOW! OBESITY is a POVERTY 'MENTALITY' DISEASE!!! And Clearly so are Many BAD Habits.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    11. 6% of wealthy say what’s on their mind vs. 69% of poor.

I knew this was the problem. New New Year's Resolution: Become a much better liar.

Yes, this one sort of threw me. I am not in poverty but I think I say what's on my mind or maybe I rant. This one needs more clarification.

I took this to be more broad than telling someone something with the intent of helping/hurting them. For example, having an opinion is fine, but it doesn't always need to be shared; or, one might have an opinion, but not a well thought out or educated one. It helps to know that you might not know what you're talking about, and as such, refrain from commenting. I have a particular acquaintance (rather, a friend of a friend) who is very opinionated about subjects in which she is not well versed. This person has no problem telling you what they think and how they feel, but they take offense when presented with fact that contradict their opinion. Also, I think it might matter *how* one says something rather than simply the content of the message.

The adage "if you don't have something nice to say, it's best not to say anything" also comes to mind. And "it's better to be suspected a fool and remain silent than to speak and remove all doubt".

That's just my take :drinker:

Ok I'm in the clear. Oh I so love you!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I do not know if this aspect has been addressed, but what is WEALTHY (Financially). In the USA a family of 4 with a total family income of 250+K per year is considered Upper Middle Class, that's NOT "wealthy". Many of these attributes are PRACTICED by People who make less Money BUT are "Educated" and/or have a "Wealthy/Prosperous/Abundance" Mentality. When I got out of Law School and earned 25-30K per year, there were garbagemen, secretaries, postal workers ...earning wayyyy more money than I did; however MY QUALITY of Life I guarantee was Totally different than theirs. "WEALTH" begins with the Mind/Spirit/Psyche wayyy before it manifests economically or even physically.

As Earth-Wind and Fire sang...FREE YOUR MIND and YOUR AZZ WILL FOLLOW! OBESITY is a POVERTY 'MENTALITY' DISEASE!!! And Clearly so are Many BAD Habits.

Exactly. Many people "work hard". Not everyone is wealthy (financially OR mentally), that is for sure. It's the focused direction, choices, sacrifices one makes, that will determine where you end up...and the endpoint is ALWAYS moving (at least for people with the above habits). The point is that if you are continually trying to improve, regardless of where you are "financially" to start, you'll probably end up better off in the long run both monetarily AND mentally/physically.
  • Pickle_Ninja
    Options
    i wish people would understand that not every city is designed the same way there's is. depending on where you live and your access to fresh whole foods, healthy eating most certainly is way more expensive.

you are assuming that everyone has access to a local grocery store, believe it or not, some places don't. For instance I live in downtown oakland. we have tons of fast food places, corner stores with every variety and flavor of chip and pop you can imagine.

Whole Foods opened 3 year ago and that became the closest grocery store before then there was nothing. Not sure if you've ever shopped at whole foods, but it's not the cheapest place to shop if you're on a tight budget and only have $5 to spend for dinner. there's a cheaper grocery store further away but you either have to take a cab or have a car to get there from what i hear the pickings arent all that fresh there either.

Thing is there are generally other options...there are 6 farmers market locations in various areas of download oakland.
  • mat136
    mat136 Posts: 35
    Options
    nice post..thanks for sharing