Getting started..again..arg!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• 1980laurav
    1980laurav Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! Christmas gets me every year and I end up starting all over again!
    I'm sure we can all do it if eventually!
    Good luck everyone:smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    theres a famous quote - 'if you're sick of starting over, stop giving up'

if you have one day where you eat over your calories, dont then give up on the week or month all together, keep going... the key to successful weight loss is consistancy!
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    I stopped for my birthday back in October as it was the first one I have been able to celebrate in many years, plus the week before I was away for work with lots of naughty foods! So I took a little break. But then a few things got in the way (nice excuse) then it was already late November, so I thought it was pointless me starting again then as I had 3 work related Christmas Do's and then Christmas day itself!
    I'm back now and ready to take it seriously, on a plus note, I only gained 3lbs, but I had been trying to be careful and have done some exercise. I started a new account as a 'fresh start' so I don't have many friends on it, feel free to add me, I'm on every day now! :)
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I purposely took a break over Christmas, so I could enjoy the (very) festive season. I did as well! So while today I've climbed back on the wagon, it was a deliberate easing off and therefore I'm not mad at myself. On the contrary - I did well over December, so am actually pleased with my progress. (Goal: to maintain in December. Achieved: an 8lb loss.)

What I am beating myself up for is accidentally missing a log-in over Christmas. While I logged all my food and drink and exercise, I managed to miss a day. So I'm back to zero on my "days logged in". :cry:
  • _Emu_
    _Emu_ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i'm re-starting after having a couple of months off, just need some more friends on here to help me keep on track :smile:
  • owlyalice
    owlyalice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as 'starting all over again' ..Think of it as beginning your new healthy lifestyle. You'll look better, feel better, and learn a lot about yourself along the way. Every pound lost feels good, so don't think of the end, think of every step of the way, one day at a time. Every day is an achievement! :D
  • jmacavoy
    jmacavoy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Look at it positively. If you hadn't have lost the 6lb before Christmas, you'd probably have gained the 6lb and be starting from a higher point.
  • valerierackly74
    valerierackly74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    add me