starting again...

Options
Ewa101975
Ewa101975 Posts: 39 Member
Hi all:

I've joined in November 2012 I think and did okay for about 4 months, then life happened and I got off track. Now I eat constantly, I eat large meals, lots of carbs, breads and pasta and potatoes....I am not hungry I eat, I am upset I eat, I am hungry I eat....I eat eat eat....and I know that there must be way for me to break the cycle. I know...stop eating :)...but I guess its easier said than done. I have 3 kids, work full time, I don't really have a lot of time to plan meals and make time for exercise. I am 5' 7 and weigh 200lbs, I need to lose about 50lbs. I am tired and exhausted, I have low iron and a liver condition that makes me even more tired. I should be eating gluten free...anyways any moms out there that want a buddy?

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back !!!!

I also work full time and have a 4 and 6 year old. Its hard to fit in exercise, but I finally realized I HAD to, so I Have to. I'm up early in the AM and I Love sleep and am a natural night owl. I wanted it bad enough.

Start tracking that food. Be aware of what keeps going in. Food doesn't Really solve the problems. It eventually makes them worse.

I'd love to help if I can
    Nancy
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. It took me all day of convincing myself that I was motivated again but it worked! I knew I needed to restart because the numbers have been creeping back up on the scale and I don't want to regain any more of what I had lost. So I changed my current weight, became accountable and have been hanging out around here off and on today. I'm off for the holiday and it always gets harder for me when I go back to work. Busy mom, working full time, trying to fit in exercise, devotions, hobbies etc. It all gets so overwhelming. Instead of trying to turn my entire life upside down like I always do, I'm trying something different this time. I am going to focus on a few small changes at a time. This week it is working on my calorie intake, less pop, mostly water and signing back up for water aerobics (something I love and does not feel like exercise to me.)

We can do this!
  • Ewa101975
    Ewa101975 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    thank you that sounds good, small changes instead of doing it all at once...I want to sign up
    for something at the community center maybe yoga which I've never tried before...:)

take care
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not a mom yet... but I'm currently about 25 weeks pregnant (due in April). I'm not currently trying to lose (but will be after this baby comes!), but I'm completely overhauling my diet to get rid of those pesky empty carbs and convenience foods and working on walking during my lunch breaks as my exercise and seeing where I can squeeze in some extra walking. I work full time and am super busy too (and tired often thanks to the pregnancy), so feel free to add me and we can share ideas on how to do this without having hours of time to devote to the gym