Adopt a "Noob": LilacDreamer

Options
LilacDreamer
LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
Hello, I'm CeCe and I've been a member of MFP for just about 2 years. Infact, New Year's Eve was both my Birthday and my 710th day of logging in:

"LilacDreamer has logged in for 710 days in a row!
1 day ago"

In that time that I've learned a lot, and i've grown a lot. I'm not perfect, and my goals sometimes change, but one things for sure, this is a marathon, not a sprint. This journey is eternal. It's not about fad dieting, eliminating this or that, etc. It's about changing your lifestyle, for good.

Longterm Goals: I'd like to get healthy enough for my husband and I to start planning to have our first child.

Personal Achievements: One of them would be... being able to lift 60 lbs (arms). When I started I had no muscle tone and 8 lbs was "Sooo Heavy". For those that know me, they know that building muscle is not easy for me because I am limited to 35 grams of protein per day, and have been since I was born due to a medical condition. Actually, to be specific, the amino acids that most people use to build muscle are toxic to me in large quantities. So for me, this was an achievement, and one that I plan to continue building on.

In 2013 I was derailed for a number of months because our home was being invaded by mold spores. My husband had a severe allergic reaction to them, so we left and moved in to my mother in law's house for a number of months. We've been back for a little over a month and I am climbing back up the mountain and continuing my journey. If you'd like to join me, please know that i don't have all the answers, but I have a lot of them, and what I don't know, we'll find out together.

I won't set a limit as to how many "noobs" I'll add. If you're interested in being "adopted", mentored, and making a new friend that never gives up, please contact me.

Replies

• LilacDreamer
    Options
    bump
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hi hi! I am interested in being "adopted". I'm not a "noob" to MFP and weight loss per say, but I need to get back on the wagon and get back to where I was.

From March 2011 to December 2012, I lost 171 pounds. I got pregnant with my second child who will be 4 months on the 13th. I gained a little more than I had hoped (43 pounds). I have about 20 pounds to go to get back to PP weight and I just want it gone.
  • Reachbrenda
    Reachbrenda Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and I need to be adopted. I'd like to have someone hold me accountable to exercise, which I actually like to do, but am not consistent about. I'm at a lonely point in my life and it would help me to feel connected to people with the same goals. I just joined this site today.
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    I've contacted you both. :)
  • LilacDreamer
    Options
    Just a note: To those requesting to add me, please include a message with your request. I do not add people without a message as a matter of principle.