Polar FT4 or FT7?

Options
What are your opinions on the heart rate monitor? Do you prefer the FT4 or the FT7 and what are the differences? I mainly want to keep track of how long my workout session is in minutes, how many calories burned and keep track of my heart rate during the entire time.

Replies

• Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I posted this which you might find answers your question...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1157992-which-polar-heart-rate-monitor-to-buy

In the end I went for the FT7 and it arrived today so excited to go home and use it for Insanity!
  • MichiganFern
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and use it only for tracking workout duration, HR & calories expended. I did not want one to connect to my phone or any other devices. I log my time manually in My Fitness Pal. The FT4 was an affordable way to try out an HRM and it meets all of my needs. I use it for everything now including hikes, dog walking and working out.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 my husband has the FT7. It really depends on what you want it for. If you just want to track calories and heart rate real time, the FT4 is fine. If you want to fine tune your "zones" and use them to control your workouts, or if you want to download and save your heart rate information, you'll want the FT7.
  • Zombierawr
    Zombierawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I have the FT7, though I know I don't use it to it's full advantage. It connects to my treadmill as well, so that I love. I had another polar one that I didn't care for because it always took 20 minutes to get it on just right to find my heart rate. Never had any issues with this one.