Let's Try This Again (2) LOL

Options
So I'm guessing you'll be seeing a lot of these posts today. Anyway. I'm starting this journey at 302 pounds with a goal of 202 pounds by Jan. 1. 2015. I'd love any kind of support for this journey. It came to a head last night when I didn't go with my wife to our neighbors New Year's Eve party because I didn't like the way I felt, the way I looked in my clothes and what others would think about me. I'm getting to a point in my life where I need term-life insurance, I need to have medical procedures done that everyone my age needs to think about. I can't do this at 302 pounds.

My goal is simple. To watch and log everything that goes in my body and to exercise at least 4-5 days per week. Even if its just a walk to start out. So here we go. I hope everyone has a great New Year!

Chris

Replies

• TeamAliyah
    TeamAliyah Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good morning Chris!
    Welcome to the journey! Sorry you felt as if you weren't looking your best yesterday. If there's any solace in that, find the confidence to look your best today regardless! I went out yesterday feeling great and it has helped me to be here typing to you this morning! I am a newbie starting out as well and I hope to be able to motivate you as I plan to do with others.

Happy new years!
  • BeckyLF05
    BeckyLF05 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Chris! :flowerforyou:
  • lilredgal33
    Options
    Chris, I so relate.... after looking at the picture of myself in a red dress shirt for Christmas, and realizing I looked like a giant tomato sitting next to my hubby, I don't want to go anywhere. My best friend came by after almost a year of not seeing her and she looked amazing! It got me inspired to start over. She eats anything she wants, (but intentionally eats healthy) every 2.5 to 3 hrs she eats a healthy meal or snacks and looks like she may have lost 100 pounds. She works in a Dr.'s office where the Dr. is a total health nut and told them to try eating 6 or 7 small meals up to 1200 a day and no more than 300 calories per meal and 100 ish for snacks (can go up to 1400 calories per day. and walk or work out 30 min a day starting out Her whole office did it and are skinny now. I am going to try it starting Monday. Find your weigh loss niche and go for it! Not a diet, change of life habits! You are not alone that is for sure, blessings~
  • ohtmelissa1
    Options
    Like most of you, I can relate to the battle of adopting AND maintaining a healthy life style. I would love to chat with each of you daily to help all of us focus, encourage one another, celebrate success and remind each other that a slip up or a bad day does not mean the end of this endeavor. I have always been a heavy person. I have lost weight in the past, but it always comes back with a few extra pounds. Today, I weighed in at 247.5. My first goal is to exercise today and stick to my calorie goal.... I'm starting this thing one day at a time. Are you with me? Does this sound like something you would like to do with me? I think supporting one another can be helpful in having a successful journey.
  • candk2004
    Options
    Thanks for the reply's and support everyone. Becky, congrats on your 25 pound weight loss! Awesome. Day 2 of the journey! Here we go. Have a great day everyone!!

Chris
  • Summit481
    Options
    Hi Everybody, Chris thanks for sharing. I'm trying again, too...I blew it yesterday but I've been doing 'ok'...every day is a new chance. So let's all cheer eachother on. It's snowing here, so exercise won't be a problem, I've got some firewood to move! have a good day all...Sheila
  • kieranjim
    kieranjim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im also back to try again. logged on last year and didnt really get into it, and now logging on again at an even heavier weight. . .This has to stop!! Good luck to all and a Hapy and healthy New Year x
  • Purplevelvetww
    Options
    Hi Chris, glad you've joined us. Log on here each day and keep track. Don't worry about bumps in the road, we're all going to have them from time to time, but when they happen it's our opportunity to learn and move on. I had a big bump on day one lol x x
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else has been saying...dont let the downslides keep you down. One slip does not mean the end of the world and they are to be expected...anyway good luck to you!!