Low Calorie Meals

Options
So far so good with eating better :) I am having a hard time coming up with quick, healthy lunch ideas. I like to stay away from microwaveable meals, but need something to keep my tummy happy until snack and dinner time.

Any ideas?

Replies

• sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I eat a lean cuisine everyday for lunch just because it tells me the calories and I don't have to think of anything!! But sometimes I will take a low carb tortilla a tpbs of low fat cream cheese and 6 slices of turkey and make a roll up!! I am pretty sure they aren't to bad calorie wise but it been a while! Or I take a piece of Sarah lee 45 calorie bread and make a turkey sandwich!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I like to cook out of the Eat, Shrink & Be Merry cookbooks (http://looneyspoons.ca/books.html) and my teenage daughters love the food in them too!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What has been working for me are NACHOS!

1 serving of tortilla chips (140 calories)
    1/2 cup kidney beans (100 calories)
    1/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar (45 calories)

Microwave 1 minute
    You can dd veggies as you like (tomatoes, peppers, onion, scallions, lettuce.. normally whatever I have in house)

This really fills me up and gives me kind of a junk food fix as well. yum!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches are great and as long as you don't go crazy with cheese and mayo they're very healthy.
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMM! The nachos sounds delicious! Will definately have to try this!
  • Dubby62
    Dubby62 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1-can Progresso light Italian vegetable soup
    1/2-cup Hunts petite diced tomatoes
    2-teaspoons cumin
    1-cup raw cabbage

Heat in sauce pan 3-5 mins.( you want the cabbage to have a slight crunch to it)

That's it! It's easy,quick,filling and so yummy!

172 calories
    39 carbs
    0 fat
    6 protein
    12 fiber
    0 cholesterol

I hope there are some people who enjoy this as i have. :blushing:
  • fayefaye71
    Options
    Using the clean eating cookbook. The recipe are real simple to fix, not real cheap but simple
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    my lunches are always based around, salads, soups and sandwiches. Its much easier for me to decide what to prepare quickly when i follow narrow guidelines.

i consume things like fruit, dairy, larger portions of meats, and side dishes in my breakfast, dinner, and snack.