WORKOUTS???

Options
So since I've been on MFP I have heard about a few different types of exercise workouts including:
**P90X
**Insanity
etc.

I was just wondering of any others that you find really good and interesting as I want to expand my knowledge, Hope you can help????

Replies

• boogie17
    boogie17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian michaels 30 day shred
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire! It is a good workout and fun too. Chalean Extreme is also amazing especially if you are looking to build strength. I also love anything put out by Jillian Michaels and Jackie Warner.
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    I am only two days into P90X, but I love it. Good luck!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I just go to the gym. 3 days a week I do a 30 minute circuit training session with 15-30 minutes of cardio after and 2 days a week I do 45-60 minutes of just cardio. I use the arc trainer, treadmill and elliptical.
  • DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I go to class at my gym. I mix up my class routine as well. For instance monday, tuesday and fri I do a class that is high in cardio like zumba, cycling, aerobics and wensday, thursday and some Saturdays i do pilates or yoga. I have the class environment and looking into the big mirrors believe it or oit. it helps me make sure I get my form correct and to engage my core.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    what sort of workout?
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    So since I've been on MFP I have heard about a few different types of exercise workouts including:
    **P90X
    **Insanity
    etc.

I was just wondering of any others that you find really good and interesting as I want to expand my knowledge, Hope you can help????

Ask yourself what are your specific goals and then you can begin to determine what exercises/training program is best suited to reach those goals.
  • SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, um my goal is to loose the last 5 kg's and get down to 10% body fat ...where should I start
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    What are you currently doing?

10% BF is VERY low for a female!

Read this first :)http://www.ptcfrankston.com/doc/newsletter/PTC_Newsletter_IssueNo37.html

Summary:
    Now for a final recap. The ones that are going to lose the most amount of body fat will be lifting heavy weights three times per week, increasing the weight used whenever possible, they will be doing two very intense cardio sessions where they will run with weights, sprint, swing kettlebells, lift KB’s that are over their bodyweight, do complexes that will leave them nauseous, at least twice a week, they will be eating six small meals a day, making sure they have protein in each meal. They will be eating four grams of protein per kilogram of bodyweight every day, divided into six portions. They will obtain all their carbohydrates from fruit and vegetables, ensuring they don’t eat any fruit after mid afternoon. They will avoid all manmade carbs. They will drink no calories. They will get eight hours sleep every night.
  • SarahBC
    Options
    Chris
    I am currently doing:
    5 hours of zumba a week
    3 hours step class a week
    2 hours spin a week
    1 hour cage fitness a week
    1 hour boxing a week

and abit of weight and more cadio here and there

I know that weights are meant to help burn fat and all that but everytime i do them i bulk up and i hate it ...
    and im currently between 14-16% body fat
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    WOW, that is a lot of Cardio! Any reason you want to lose more weight? You look like you are a very healthy weight as is to me :)
  • SarahBC
    Options
    WOW, that is a lot of Cardio! Any reason you want to lose more weight? You look like you are a very healthy weight as is to me :)

I know but I just dont think im at my ultimate yet...
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    That's a good attitude to have :)

You really bulk up that easy? I wish I could haha.
  • SarahBC
    Options
    Thanks yer i bulk up quickly but its not good for a girl lol
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You're already below what I've seen is considered appropriate for women. I wouldn't recommend you go lower without your doctor being on board with it.