2013 was a beast... but so was I! (one year with pic)

Options
I've been a "watcher" on My Fitness Pal for a while. I'd start and stop workout programs. Eat thoughtfully, then stop. I'd read the success stories on this board, hoping someday I could share mine. Today, one day after my one-year "fit-aversary," I'm excited to finally get to :)

In November 2012, I joined a gym close to my house. I thought having to drive by it every day on my way home from work would encourage me to actually go. The person who signed me up for my membership convinced me to try her Les Mills Body Pump class that night. I had no idea who Les Mills was or what Body Pump was all about. But for some reason, even though I was terrified, I went. I remember sitting in the parking lot that night, scared to go in, and telling myself, "if you do this, your life is going to change." So I went in and have continued to go in four to five times a week since! (It's cliche, but January 1, 2013 was my "let's do this!" day. That's when I really committed.)

Some things I did/do:

- Les Body Pump
- Les Mills RPM (love!)
- Les Mills Body Attack (most intense workout I've ever done)
- Les Mills CXWORX
- Running (did a 5k this past spring)
- LOTS of walking with my dog
- Counted calories with MFP (I started very low, but learned a little more was better. I net ~1400/1600 depending on the day.)
- Eat thoughtfully (I'm a vegetarian, so I make sure to get protein while eating lots of fruits and veggies.)
- Let myself enjoy treats when I want, in moderation
- Use a heart rate monitor (this is a biggie for me)

In the beginning, I weighed and measured myself religiously. Now, I just go by how I feel and take a progress picture every once and awhile.

I'm 5'3". My starting weight was 159 (but I suspect it was a bit more). My lowest current weight is 129 (but that fluctuates on the day by a few, and that's okay). But I like how "I lost 30 pounds" sounds :)

I could not have done it without the awesome people at my gym and the "fit friends" (who are just friends now) I made. Yesterday, I lifted heavy for the first time and am excited to do more. I'm going to keep up with the cardio and am doing a half marathon with my sisters in the fall (eek!).

So, here's the pic! Not the best, but you get the idea. It's pretty scary to post this, but so many of your stories have helped me, maybe this will help someone else.

577515d0728c11e38d10121e089bf167_8_zps3c5dfe9e.jpg

Thanks, all!

Replies

• MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You rock!!
  • Nimue108
    Nimue108 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great job!! 30 pounds is awesome!!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! You're looking fit and healthy!
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great!!
  • kaitlinerindoty
    kaitlinerindoty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks everyone! 2013 was a tough one for my family, so I'm glad I have fitness in the "win" column :)
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • lyoill
    lyoill Posts: 59
    Options
    inspired thank you!
    My stats are about the same as yours. I'm 5,4 currently 150 and I'm wanting to get down to 125. hopefully I look as good as you do when I get there.

one question, you said that you started off eating low calories I'm assuming 1200? the. bumped it up. Did you also eat back your exercise calories?

I'm currently eating 1200 so I'm curious:)

cheers
    Lilly
  • pizzmor
    pizzmor Posts: 37
    Options
    You ARE a beast. Great job!
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Agree with you about bodyattack! It's become my fave, too!
  • 1Lovely87
    1Lovely87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    you look greaaat!
  • Rooooose
    Rooooose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Amaaaaazing job! :)
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!!! Thank you for sharing :):):)
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • lcantrell65
    lcantrell65 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Great job!!!
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    The title of this topic made me giggle :):laugh:

You look fantastic - well done! :flowerforyou:
  • Shuleran
    Shuleran Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    WOW--Fantastic!
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    awesome!!! Congratulations :):)
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    you look GREAT! you should be so proud of yourself.
    it sounds like you really pushed yourself out of your comfort level and it looks like it paid off! :)
    way to go lady! :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! Nothing more needs be said.
  • dshiplett
    dshiplett Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!! Congrats, and wow, are you motivating me :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!