too much breakfast

Options
ever since i've been young, my dad has pounded into our heads the importance of breakfast. So, i always eat some sort of fruit, veggies if i have eggs, a carb and a protein, water, milk, PB.....

then i feel guilty for eating so many calories just for breakfast. I do great when I have just an apple or a protein shake. anyone else have that problem??

I know breakfast is very important but i definitely over eat if i make a meal out of it. protein shake breakfasts starting tomorrow.

Replies

• mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    ever since i've been young, my dad has pounded into our heads the importance of breakfast. So, i always eat some sort of fruit, veggies if i have eggs, a carb and a protein, water, milk, PB.....

then i feel guilty for eating so many calories just for breakfast. I do great when I have just an apple or a protein shake. anyone else have that problem??

I know breakfast is very important but i definitely over eat if i make a meal out of it. protein shake breakfasts starting tomorrow.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day--so don't feel guilty over making it a meal. Just discipline yourself to making it a smaller meal than you're used to. cut back on portion size, etc. remember moderation is the key.
  • mlck2323
    Options
    haha thanks for responding to my posts, shorerider...no one ever does i feel like no one has the same problems that i do! it's okay, i realize i'm probably a minority in this group, not needing to lose more than 5 pounds or so but i guess we all have our struggles.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Well, first, weekends are kind of slow on the board but also posts can move down quickly because the few of us on here during the weekends post a lot! I guess to make up for the lack of numbers! :tongue:

Anyway, hey, 5 pounds is still 5 pounds and a struggle is still a struggle. There's one person on here who is struggling to gain weight in a healthy manner; so we all have our own fights. I long for the day though I can say "I only have 5 pounds to lose."!

Hang in there.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I think you are probably ok. I would try to keep your breakfast to about 1/3 of your daily calories, just to leave flexibility later in the day. However, if you are going to have one larger meal, breakfast sounds like a great place to do it. It fuels your day.

I always eat breakfast too - but I bike commute immediately after so I can't eat too much. For me usually a trader joe's wheat free frozen waffle with soy nut butter and honey. Of course I have coffee, too, black. But I eat a second breakfast a few hours later, usually a handful of nuts or an apple or something, because my 6 a.m. breakfast won't hold me until noon. Then lunch does not hold me until dinner and dinner does not hold me over night. I joke that I'm a hobbit, six meals a day, LOL. But they are not big meals.
  • mlck2323
    Options
    haha i'm the exact same! i bike to work as well and eat a snack a few hours after breakfast. thats great.
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast but most of the time I only get to eat a bowl of cereal.
  • mlck2323
    Options
    it makes me too excited to eat the rest of the day!