One more try!!!

Options
Hello! Not really new to the struggle of weight loss. I've gone this road before, succeeded and then failed and did again. I suppose I've been a broken record for the longest time and I don't want to be that anymore! I have to change my lifestyle and change it fast. I've failed way too much this time around and really need this! I've shunned support before, but now I realise that I need it so much more! So here I am, ready to do what I can, meet everyone I can and learn from everyone!

Replies

• mack0918
    mack0918 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! Not really new to the struggle of weight loss. I've gone this road before, succeeded and then failed and did again. I suppose I've been a broken record for the longest time and I don't want to be that anymore! I have to change my lifestyle and change it fast. I've failed way too much this time around and really need this! I've shunned support before, but now I realise that I need it so much more! So here I am, ready to do what I can, meet everyone I can and learn from everyone!
  • rdecember6
    rdecember6 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cheers to you for taking the chance of letting other people in on your "quest." I, too have gained-lost-and regained the same 12 or so pounds for the last fifteen years. And I have always been very solo and private about it. Turns out, it's kind of fun to poke around the message boards and see what people are thinking and talking about. Here's some good, old-fashioned and maybe unsolicited advice:

Before I started shaving off some calories to my daily intake, I took a real honest to God inventory of what I was eating for a good five days or more. With no restritctions. I just ate exactly how I've been eating for the last year or so, and tracked it all. Scary, huh? Like actually looking at your bank statement! Turns out I've been managing to take in 2200-2600 calories a day EASY. And I go to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and buy all organic, all-natural, nuts, berries, blah blah blah. You know what I mean? I NEVER eat fastfood or junkfood! But it doesn't matter-organic or not, tablespoons of butter still pack on weight. O.K. I actually have a point...

Keeping in mind the adjustment(s) I am having to make to my diet, my daily intake plan is at 1600 calories a day which is approximately .5 pounds of loss a week. (By the way, I've done this for five weeks and have barely lost 2 pounds-but hey-I'll take i!) I urge you and ANYONE making such a big change to consider going at weight loss slowly! I know you can lose faster at 1200, but CRIPES! Talk about cutbacks. If it gets comfortable and easy after awhile to eat within a 1600 calorie perameter then great, maybe 100 less or so, but when I think of 400 calories less per day than I am doing now...yikes. Plus, if I cut back that far and then wasn't losing as fast as I was "supposed" to, then the mental misery comes in to play.

In a nutshell? Smaller goals, more occasions to congratulate yourself for your achievements. Gotta let go of the "but everybody else" voice in your head. Mine always says "but everybody else gets to eat Chik-fil-a and candy and cosmos and just lay around and stay a smoking hot size 4." Oh, well. Still doesn't change the fact that I have my heart set on rocking a pink, strappy Betsey Johnson dress in my closet that just won't quite zip up the back without exposing ample armpit flab. Everybody's different. Set yourself up for a win! Thanks for reading!