Insanity Question and tips!

Options
I am going to start Insanity. But here is my issue (which may or may not be an issue) I have always worked out around 20 minutes with some home DVD. I have two small ones well 4 and 3. I really can't do Insanity in the morning as I get up at 5:30 to be at work by 6. I get off at 3. I grab kids and by the time I come home it is 4:15. I just finished T25 and that was great time for me but not that impressed. Some of these DVDS take longer to complete and I need to get it done before I start dinner. We usually eat around 5-5:30. Dinner will be pushed back significantly and I am not sure if my kids can hold out or for that matter my husband. I was thinking maybe have them a small snack to hold them over till I am done. I don't like to do it after dinner because I would have to wait till dinner settles and their bedtimes are at 8 and mine is at 9. So do you think I will have time to do Insanity say between 4:30-5:30, dinner by 6:15 at the latest. I just want to make sure I still have that time for my family but also do Insanity. Also any tips while doing Insanity will be great!

Added: I also wanted to add how do I entertain the little ones while I am working out?

Replies

• Skmellyg
    Skmellyg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oh and I have a cleaning schedule I would like to maintain but I can do that after the kids go to bed which Hopefully will last only 30 minutes.
  • leefox79
    leefox79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you can, I would find a way to get up earlier in the AM. If you put if off until the afternoon with your hectic schedule it would be tough to get in every day for 60 days.

I have a 9 month old and a 2.5 year old, so I usually get up at 4am to get in my workout before we all start our day.

Good Luck!
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    maybe try to plan to cook 1-2 big meals a week that way you dont need to cook a full dinner every single night? Gives you more time and then you can just heat up dinner :)
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Agree with cfredz, it helps big time to cook meals ahead of time. I normally cook on sundays enough food to get me through the week and just freeze or refrigerate it all and just heat in the microwave. In that case, your husband and kids can just heat up what they want to eat in the microwave, while you're still exercising and you don't have to worry about fixing them dinner each night. It saves tons of time and makes eating healthy easier. I'm a college student and i work so I understand not having much free time, the only way I can get my exercise in is in the morning before class or work, but you just have to play around with your schedule and find what works best for you. Most of the insanity dvds are actually between 35-45 minutes which isnt too bad, just the max ones are around an hour. Best of luck, and remember no one ever really has time to exercise, if you want it bad enough you have to make time to exercise (which can be really difficult, but totally worth it!)