Transforming - Anyone else?

Options
rlxsn
rlxsn Posts: 58 Member
Hi - I am hoping to find others who are on the same path as I am (or who want to be.. or who have been) so we can support each other on our journey. Doesn't matter if you are trying to lose weight, build muscle or just maintain.. I think we all need people to talk to outside of our daily life to help us on our path. Hope to hear from you and good luck!

Replies

• deneesie25
    deneesie25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me. I have been so complacent. It's so easy to just sit around and eat. I hope I have the focus and dedication this time to actually lose weight and keep it off! My problem isn't losing. It's keeping it off for more than a month.

I have an eating and laying around PROBLEM!
  • rlxsn
    Options
    Thanks for accepting :o) It's too easy to sit around, eat, and just let ourselves waste away. The good thing is that we can decide to do something else besides sitting around and eating! How can I help? Feel free to message me if you'd like.

~ J
  • mrsidecar
    mrsidecar Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding me as well. I am determined to not let the holidays set me back too far. I've been overweight all my life and I touched the normal range in the BMI chart for the first time right before thanksgiving for about a week. Then it all went to hell. Now I'm back and I'm gonna Make it work. Just need to keep this attitude up.
  • pamjhawk
    Options
    OK, count me in. In Dec I decided that 2014 would be my Year of Victory and I began to develop a health plan that would get me physically healthy again. I need to get very serious about exercise. I have a trainer at the gym and will increase my workouts with her to 2 half hours a week and then get to the gym at least one more day a week. I have 2 artificial knees and the 60 extra pounds I'm carrying will wear them out way too fast. I'm doing South beach Phase 1 for awhile because it's great at kick starting weight loss and getting rid of cravings. Accountability and support are crucial so I will take all I can get and in turn help anyone else that I can. Pam
  • Smashlea88
    Smashlea88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's hard to jump back in, I'm trying to as well. ANyone is welcome to add me, I am always looking for a friend to share motivation and support with. Plus, I'm pretty funny. Did you know that haunted pancakes give me the crepes? See what I did there? lol
  • shutrbugz
    Options
    Absolutely count me in! I'm coming back with a vengeance! I've set goals (long & short-term) and hoping to pick up some people along the way to help with encouragement (giving & getting). Please add me as a friend and together we'll get there!!!
  • deedeemason2014
    Options
    I agree.
  • GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am tired of what I have become. I was always the "big" kid. I played football so it was considered cool.
    I then joined the Army and was down to 190 12% body fat. Then... I got married had two kids and now I'm the size I was before going into the Army! I'm also a chef so it's not like I don't know how to cook and eat healthy.
    SO this year I've decided I have had enough. I have updated my clothes to dress nicer and a little more grown up and I want to look good in them. I want my two boys to see that Dad is healthy and strong and we should be too. I also want my wife to be excited about the man she is married to.
    My big struggle is eating at work. I pick and pick and pick until I've eaten all day long.
    I am now commited and I hope to meet people on here who can become friends with me and we can help each other along.
  • rlxsn
    Options
    Ok.. I had to take a minute and thank you.. THAT was funny :o)
    It's hard to jump back in, I'm trying to as well. ANyone is welcome to add me, I am always looking for a friend to share motivation and support with. Plus, I'm pretty funny. Did you know that haunted pancakes give me the crepes? See what I did there? lol
  • katswt
    katswt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm in too, and have sent you friend requests. If I missed anyone, feel free to add me. The more people to support and encourage each other (the ups and downs), the better. Here's to a healthier 2014 for all of us!
  • K_armfield
    K_armfield Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in