How long did it take for you to lose your first ten pounds?

Options
BeyMe
BeyMe Posts: 43 Member
Also, what was your workout plan like?

Replies

• sunkissed1109
    sunkissed1109 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 10lbs in a month. I am 5'11" and weighed 191 at my starting point. I went to the gym 6 days a week and did a mix of cardio & weights.
  • BeyMe
    BeyMe Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 10lbs in a month. I am 5'11" and weighed 191 at my starting point. I went to the gym 6 days a week and did a mix of cardio & weights.

Did you see it rather quickly or was it over time that pounds tended to shed?
  • Transformer711
    Options
    I lost mine in about 2-3 weeks. Most of it was probably water weight, though.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    In the beginning when I had a lot to lose, 10 pounds took about a month. Now that will take 2-4 months because I have so much less to lose. It really depends on where you are starting from.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I've been clean eating for about 5 months... doing heavy lifting for a little over a month and I'm only at 5# lost so far. Sometimes it comes slow... don't get discouraged... just keep going.
  • MurrayElliot
    MurrayElliot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Five weeks, doing minimal exercise (burning only about 100-200 calories a day on exercise). 8 weeks to get to 21 lbs loss on the same regime.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    This will change for everyone factors are

height
    starting weight ..
    relative activity level before begging life change

You should not compare yourself to others this is a battle between you and yourself kick your own *kitten* !
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    It is going to very upon each persons situation and other variables like how heavy they were when they began, how big a deficit did they start out with, etc, etc.... I was 560 lbs. the first week I started and I lost 11lbs. (Water weight mostly). So it will very.... I was unable to walk back then so the first several months I was put in a therapy pool to allow me to stand long enough to do some walking in the pool (using water displacement to allow me to support my body weight). I would have to make a suggestion that you not think in terms of speed, and how fast you can get the weight off.. Just Eat at a slight caloric deficit, get in some exercise, and make the changes to do this for long term sustainability and just live your life. The rest will fall in line and take care of itself... Best of Luck
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A month and four days. Exercise-wise, I was walking about half an hour every night.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It depends how much you have to lose.

Someone that's 200+ pounds overweight will lose it more quickly than someone 20 pounds overweight.
  • BlackandWhitePhotoOp
    Options
    I'm still trying to loose the first ten. lol
    Everyone is different though. I was in my high 220's. At first I did loose 6 pounds, but that I believe a lot of people do at first. Then, I lost a few more, but then gained a few back.

So, I've taken my focus off of the pounds to loose and put my focus on the smaller steps. Such as, smaller portion size, move more, basic calisthenics, get all greens on my food intake, etc.

Also, I take measurements twice a month. That's where I have most of my vicotries. I always loses inches, especially in my waist. I've only lost about 6 pounds, but I went down an entire pants size and the now these panst are loose. So, as long as I am losing (inches or weight) I'm happy.:happy:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    about 8 weeks...I didn't exercise at all then, just netted to my MFP calorie goal. I was set to lose about 1 Lb per week but was losing at a rate of about 1.3 Lbs per week. Keep in mind that someone with more weight to lose will lose faster than someone with very little to lose. If you're just needing to lose 10 Lbs then it's going to be pretty darned slow because you just don't have the fat stores required to drop the Lbs that fast.
  • Marymoe138
    Marymoe138 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It took about a month and a half. I at the time time was strictly on the cardio circuit. I walked quite a bit and T-25 became a good friend. I am now going to incorporate strength training with my workouts. Do not give up. As everyone has said, it will vary based on height, weight, calories burned, etc. Good luck to you!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    10 days or so. I weighed 300+ and started off with portion control.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I joined shortly after having my youngest. I am 5'3" and weighed 190 pounds. The only thing I did was breastfeed and walk.

I didn't weigh myself on a regular basis in the begining. I know I lost almost 50 pounds the first 6 months.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!