Turning the big '50' this year...anyone else??

Options
HI there all of you awesome MFP's. This is my second time around on here. I could keep coming up with all the excuses as to why it didn't work, but it all comes down to I WAS THE CULPRIT. Determined to make a lifestyle change to become healthier and fit.
My birthday is in June and have a lot of goals to reach by then. Looking for others to motivate and inspire as we go through this journey together. "If it is to be...it's up to me."

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• brianages
    Options
    We regret to inform you that no one has made it over fifty on the forum yet!

Not....56 here and still having fun with this diet stuff!
  • kishstl
    kishstl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This September
  • Patti1023
    Patti1023 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 a couple months ago, always looking for new friends - I sent you a request.

-Anyone can feel free to add me, too! :smile:
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say I passed that mark a "few" years ago.:laugh:

Welcome and with the determination you will make the changes needed.

Feel free to FR.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you and welcome back. =)

I wish I did it when I was 49, I waited till I was 54 8/2012 and I decided to get healthy before I turned 55. I'm so happy I did it now. =)
  • joelaser
    joelaser Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hit 50 in February. My journey to slim down is not directly related to the birthday, but it will be a milestone along the way.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 just recently. I find turning 50 is motivating me to work harder and smarter on my tracking and exercise. I find turning 50 has also caused me to become more spiritual.

I want to be healthy as I age. I've seen in others the terrible health issues that occur when aging meets up with obesity and a lack of exercise. It's sad really. Good luck with your journey in 2014. Friend request on it's way.
  • rnaholowaa
    Options
    Hi! I just turned 50 this year and I am bound and determined to make 2014 my year of weight loss. I need to lose about 50 pounds. I am coming back to my finess pal after a period of slacking off. I would love to have a friend on here to check in with or just give/get: encouragement when needed! We can do this! :smile:
  • SusanBT1954
    Options
    I am turning 60. Seems like only yesterday that I was turning 30 and so sad about it. Ha!:blushing:
  • sueceeq
    sueceeq Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am also a repeat offender! I am determined to make it this time! I will be 50 in September, and need to take charge once and for all.
    I sent you a friend request. And I could use lots of support so anyone on this thread, feel free to add me!
  • Forevergreatful
    Options
    Did that a year ago!! Just starting this journey too!
  • katjohn83
    katjohn83 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! Half a century!!! In September.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    54 next month - but going down fighting!
    2013 was a good year: lightest weight since my 20's, fittest I've been since my 30's, hoping 2014 will see me as strong as I was in my 20's too.

Don't let age be an excuse.
  • donnystedham
    Options
    Turned the big 50 myself last July. Stay strong, I'm looking for hope myself
  • BikerJW
    Options
    Turn 52 in March but my body doesn't know it....lol
    Just got on here. I want to firm up and lose 13 pounds by the end of February. A pound a week.
    We are only as inspired as the company we keep. Hang in there. Focus on the goal.
  • gabe_irun4coffee
    gabe_irun4coffee Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi 53 here always looking for more motivation to give and receive. Good luck and feel free to add as friend. And my birthday is also in June :-)