I bought a scale & know my weight!/Jillian Michaels DVDs?

Options
So in my other posts I had said that I weighed in at 149lbs but that was with my clothes, pea coat, and cowgirl boots on. I finally bought a scale and I found out my weight with wearing nothing and it's 140lbs so i actually only have 20lbs to lose to be where I am comfortable with my weight. I have been working out since my first weight check of 149lbs so I don't know how much weight I actually lost and how much was the clothes and all. However it's not so much the number on the scale that I'm worried about. Since muscle weighs more than fat, I wouldn't mind being 140lbs if it was muscle and my body was slim and fit and toned. I'm starting the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred today and then going on to the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and then to her DVD of getting a 6 pack. So I figure hopefully in 90 days I'll be happier with my body, since I don't have a lot to lose in the first place, assuming her workout DVDs work. I just figured I'd share what's been going on with me recently :) Also I was wondering of anyone has used the Jillian Michaels DVDs and what your experience was with it. Before and after pictures would be very encouraging. Thanks! :)

Replies

• 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I found the Jillian DVDs very hard on my knees. Do you have mats at your house? If not, I'd recommend getting some.
  • TaraRichardson913
    TaraRichardson913 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Im doing the shred, into my 2nd week now. It's great but I dont have my scale where I'm at..plus I don't know how bad the holiday eating went lol.
    but its def. A good workout! I feeeeel stronger ;)
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    I found the Jillian DVDs very hard on my knees. Do you have mats at your house? If not, I'd recommend getting some.

I don't have a mat but in my living room is all brand new carpeting with an insulated mat underneath so it's not so hard of a floor. Hopefully that works for now because my fiancé and I are in the middle of opening a restraunt so money is really tight, I don't even have weights to use for the DVD :/
  • hcobb33
    hcobb33 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did Ripped in 30 for the month of September and lost just over 9 lbs for the month . I just finished 12 weeks of Body Revolution and took off almost another 20. Jillian's workouts work wonders for weight loss and muscle tone. You just have to keep at it. I still need to upload some progress pics . I still have a long way to go, but I think her workouts will give you really good results.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    you can use water bottles. or even canned soups as weights :) I started the shred and was about 10 days in but i took xmas off and never went back at it again :( im gonna start again. The other comment is true, it is rough on my knees as well. good luck!
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    Im doing the shred, into my 2nd week now. It's great but I dont have my scale where I'm at..plus I don't know how bad the holiday eating went lol.
    but its def. A good workout! I feeeeel stronger ;)

Lol great! I hope I feel as good from using it as you do :). One plus for me is that I didn't really binge on the holidays, I ate small portions because I haven't been very hungry because I've been stressed out like crazy and we have Christmas dinner at my house and I didn't even have left overs to splurge and pick at because I have all of the left overs to my soon-to-be-mother in law. So thankfully I'm not too far off track but I used the 30 day shred DVD when my son was a few months old(he is now 2 1/2 years old) but I stopped because I wasn't nearly as motivated then as I am now, I was lazy and constantly making excuses led and right which has led me to being in worse shape and being more miserable with my body. I am so glad something clicked in my head because since I've been eating better and smaller portions and working out I feel 10x better than I ever have since I had my son. And my fiancé swears that the DVD is what helped me lose the 6-9lbs that I lost within those few weeks but for some reason I blew it off. But now I'm more encouraged than ever to see what Jillian can dish at me and how bad she can make my body hurt because I know it will feel so good! I love when my body hurts because I know that means I'm making progress when I feel sore in my muscles. :D
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I don't have a mat but in my living room is all brand new carpeting with an insulated mat underneath so it's not so hard of a floor. Hopefully that works for now because my fiancé and I are in the middle of opening a restraunt so money is really tight, I don't even have weights to use for the DVD :/

I'm still on Level 3 (Taking my sweet time with it, 2-3 rest days a week) and I second the "hard on the knees" bit. I lost a few lbs but that was mostly my diet. The main thing I like is feeling some rock hard abs waiting to emerge under my layer of belly fat (lol) and seeing my thigh muscles starting to pop out when I'm doing squats, both of which didn't exist before I started the program.

I do the modified moves on the high impact stuff because my knees are unstable. The "Rockstar jumps" or whatever they are called in level 3 can go f themselves, I do a soft jump rope move to replace those lol. So the thing I like about it is that you can do the modified moves which are usually low impact of even do a different version entirely as long as you are keeping up with the DVD. Jillian makes it very clear that resting more than 5 seconds is unacceptable. :O

Anyway, give it a try! I want to check out her Ripped program after I finish 30DS. Good luck!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Helpful post from someone who can't post for themselves. (#FreeYoovie)
    Dear person,

Find out what does and does not make a program work and why.

Understanding what you are doing to your body and why it works is vital to making a program work for you and invaluable in helping you adjust and adapt to make it work even better for you.

Reading the back of a DVD made by a celebrity trainer is not getting comprehensive knowledge.

Narrow down what you want your goals to be, be specific as possible.

Research what needs to be done to accomplish them.

Compare to the activity in the DVD program and see if this or something else would best help you reach those goals.

If you grab a DVD program to just do with optimism, you will see some good results if you put in some effort. But if you study, research and continue to do so, while working with a program, and see that this is going to be a long term process, instead of 90 days that will give you the results you want, you will have AMAZING RESULTS.

Especially because you will understand that if you do these three DVDs and then stop, you'll lose most of the abilities and benefits you may have just gotten.

love,
    uv
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Helpful post from someone who can't post for themselves. (#FreeYoovie)
    Dear person,

Find out what does and does not make a program work and why.

Understanding what you are doing to your body and why it works is vital to making a program work for you and invaluable in helping you adjust and adapt to make it work even better for you.

Reading the back of a DVD made by a celebrity trainer is not getting comprehensive knowledge.

Narrow down what you want your goals to be, be specific as possible.

Research what needs to be done to accomplish them.

Compare to the activity in the DVD program and see if this or something else would best help you reach those goals.

If you grab a DVD program to just do with optimism, you will see some good results if you put in some effort. But if you study, research and continue to do so, while working with a program, and see that this is going to be a long term process, instead of 90 days that will give you the results you want, you will have AMAZING RESULTS.

Especially because you will understand that if you do these three DVDs and then stop, you'll lose most of the abilities and benefits you may have just gotten.

love,
    uv

^This. And here's some extra reading too.
    http://body-improvements.com/2013/08/02/common-mistake-program-hopping-mixed-with-sexy-fever/
  • meggypooh
    meggypooh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did the shred and finished at the beginning/middle of December. I just restarted it and am almost done with level 1. Level 2 was hardest on my knees. Im a lot bigger than you, and this was my first workout dvd that I did once starting. I noticed after maybe the 5th or 6th day that I was starting to get stronger and have better endurance! I lost 19 pounds and a ton of inches, including 3 from my bust and 3 inches from my hips.

I cant post picutres right now, but here is a link to my original post with my results, if youd like to take a look. The pics dont show up at the very top, but a few comments down someone kindly fixed them for me!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1146100-my-30-day-shred-results

Good luck!! :)
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred at the beginning of last year. I then alternated between her killer buns and thighs and killer abs for about three to four weeks before moving on to her ripped in 30. Here are my results from all of that. This was between January 13th to April 7th. After that, I alternated between her various workouts, I just got lazy and stopped taking my measurements. I didn't really take pictures, but here are my before and after measurements.

Before:
    Weight: 156.4
    Bust 34.75
    Hips: 42
    Waist 31
    Thighs: 23
    BMI: 23.8
    Body Fat %: 29
    Size: 10/8

After:
    Weight: 9.8
    Bust: 32
    Hips: 37
    Waist: 27
    Thighs: 18
    BMI: 22.3
    Body Fat %: 23
    Size: 4/6

I gained some of this stuff back since I got a full time teaching job this year (first one! :)) and had a very busy and tiring semester and wasn't as diligent with working out as I should have been. Over the winter break, I have been doing hip hop abs and I have seen really good results so far. It's a little weird to not be working out with Jillian (I kind of feel like I'm cheating on her... lol), but it feels great to try something new. I also live in an apartment and some of Jillian's workouts require too much jumping around and I didn't want to disturb by downstairs neighbors, so I was looking for something that would have less jumping around. I will always love Jillian Michaels though since I know from experience that her workouts give you results. :)