Dannon Light&Fit Greek Yogurt

Options
Someone awhile back posted about the Toasted Coconut Vanilla Yogurt and how it tastes like frosting/icing. So, I bought some--and it does! It was so delicious. I started buying other flavors--and they are all so good. I've never tried Greek Yogurt or even a version of Greek Yogurt before, and I love it. I like the consistency. Anyway, the flavor I'm having today is "Caramel Macchiato" and it tastes like a Jamocha shake from Arby's. I think I have died and gone to heaven!

Replies

• nmiller0813
    Options
    Those are absolutey divine. but not ALL Greek Yogurts taste that good.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I wish my grocer carried those flavors! They just have the normal strawberry, vanilla, blueberry etc. My fave from Dannon is Oikos key lime.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Oh my - I MUST try the caramel macchiato flavor! I love the toasted coconut - def one of my favorites.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    How much sugar is in one serving of light and fit dannon yogurt?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Hm, I've been eating the plain vanilla, and it's tolerable, but nothing to write home about. I must venture out and try different flavors (I love the cost effectiveness of the big tub).
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    I prefer Chobani plain non fat Greek yogurt. No added anything in it. The only ingredients besides milk are the cultures. I'm not a fan of added "stuff" in my yogurt. Too much crap and added sugar. If I feel the need I'll throw in some home made jam, peanut butter, home made granola etc.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I started making my own yogurt at home. Store bought yogurt has so much sugar in it (I am lactose intolerant, and Yoplait's lactose free yogurt has a whopping 27 grams of sugar in it. It's easy to make and very delicious.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

This. Toasted Coconut has 7g. Meh...:indifferent:

ETA: I've seen worse...but it has Sucralose. So that's a no-go for me. Can't stand aspartame or sucralose. Just add some Clorox to your food/drink and you'll achieve the same taste.
  • fruttibiscotti
    Options

ETA: I've seen worse...

Really? Is that true? Does one serving contain 7 grams sugar? That's like approx 2 teaspoons?
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    They don't carry it in my local market, but they will order it for me, by the case. But they can only get strawberry or blueberry. Those two flavors are divine! I did get a friend to pick me up some of the toasted coconut vanilla...but I like the strawberry so much better!
  • fruttibiscotti
    Options
    I started making my own yogurt at home. Store bought yogurt has so much sugar in it (I am lactose intolerant, and Yoplait's lactose free yogurt has a whopping 27 grams of sugar in it. It's easy to make and very delicious.

Yikes! 27 grams of sugar? That's more than 6 teaspoons?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Yikes! 27 grams of sugar? That's more than 6 teaspoons?

I know, right? I almost fell over when I saw that.... no more of that for me, ever! I use Truvia in my homemade yogurt, so the only sugar in it is what's in the lactose-free milk and small container of plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt I use to make it. Much better!
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

Really? Is that true? Does one serving contain 7 grams sugar? That's like approx 2 teaspoons?

light-and-fit-greek-toasted-coconut-nutritional.jpg

Yeahhh that's a lot considering the container is 5.3oz lol. So yes that's about 1.5 tsps of sugar.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options

You do know that all dairy contains natural sugar in the form of lactose, right?

ETA: One 8 Oz. glass of plain skim milk has 8 grams of "sugar" in the form of naturally occurring lactose ...
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I suppose I should be concerned with the sugar content. I've been at this for 5 months and have lost 45lbs just staying under my daily calorie goals. The next step in my new healthy life is to pay attention to the content IN the items I'm eating WHILE staying under calories. However, if I compare the two:

Yogurt:
    Calories: 80
    Calories from fat: 0
    Fat: 0
    Sodium: 45g
    Potassium: 170mg
    Carbohydrates: 9g
    Sugars: 7g
    Protein: 12g

Jamocha Shake:
    Calories: 310
    Calories from fat: 70
    Fat: 8g
    Saturated Fat: 5g
    Sodium: 240mg
    Carbohydrates: 55g
    Sugars: 45g
    Protein: 4g

Now...it isn't a true fair comparison because a 12oz jamocha shake is bigger than my 5.3oz yogurt. However, I think (for me) it is the better option. I'm not sensitive to fake sugar products and I definetely don't indulge in them in abundance. I think for someone that is taking baby steps at this approach---this yogurt is a pretty good alternative :)
  • fruttibiscotti
    Options

You do know that all dairy contains natural sugar in the form of lactose, right?

ETA: One 8 Oz. glass of plain skim milk has 8 grams of "sugar" in the form of naturally occurring lactose ...

Right, but plain milk does not contain fructose and modified corn starch does it? Read the ingredients list posted by Laurenz.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I didn't like the caramel macchiato--it tastes TOO MUCH like coffee ::Gasp::

the key lime is GREAT
    coconut vanilla is THE BEST EVER!
    peach is AWESOME
    vanilla is SOLID

that's all I've tried so far.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the caramel macchiato--it tastes TOO MUCH like coffee ::Gasp::

the key lime is GREAT
    coconut vanilla is THE BEST EVER!
    peach is AWESOME
    vanilla is SOLID

that's all I've tried so far.

I love Coffee! They have a Strawberry Cheesecake that is good and I love the Banana Cream!!!!!!
  • fruttibiscotti
    Options
    I suppose I should be concerned with the sugar content. I've been at this for 5 months and have lost 45lbs just staying under my daily calorie goals. The next step in my new healthy life is to pay attention to the content IN the items I'm eating WHILE staying under calories. However, if I compare the two:

Yogurt:
    Calories: 80
    Calories from fat: 0
    Fat: 0
    Sodium: 45g
    Potassium: 170mg
    Carbohydrates: 9g
    Sugars: 7g
    Protein: 12g

Jamocha Shake:
    Calories: 310
    Calories from fat: 70
    Fat: 8g
    Saturated Fat: 5g
    Sodium: 240mg
    Carbohydrates: 55g
    Sugars: 45g
    Protein: 4g

Now...it isn't a true fair comparison because a 12oz jamocha shake is bigger than my 5.3oz yogurt. However, I think (for me) it is the better option. I'm not sensitive to fake sugar products and I definetely don't indulge in them in abundance. I think for someone that is taking baby steps at this approach---this yogurt is a pretty good alternative :)

That's awesome, congrats on your loss! Bravo!
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My faves are all Oikos:

Apple Pie
    Key Lime
    Orange Cream
    Banana Cream
    Lemon Meringue