Water question

Options
So I got a Soda Stream for Christmas...which I love for making sparkling water. Here's my question...can I use the water that i make (I don't add anything to it aside from the C02) as my water intake? Can I use that instead of the "flat" water?

I wasn't sure if it mattered....I'm not adding flavor/sugar/syrups anything like that. I like the bubbles. Thanks for letting me know.

Replies

• sarzo14
    sarzo14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has calories, just like water doesnt. But it might have some sodium in it becouse of the bubbles, but I'm not sure. I think you can drink it instead of water.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Of course you can count it - it is still water! Even if you did add flavor it would still be water (but if you added calories with the flavor you'd need to count them).
  • adayinaz
    adayinaz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is true or not, but one of my friends really loves seltzer and she says research indicates it is just as hydrating as plain flat water. I also just searched on Google and came up with the following article defending drinking naturally flavored seltzer water from a Sodastream: http://www.theyummylife.com/Flavored_Sparkling_Water
  • arberard07
    arberard07 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It definitely doesn't add any calories or sodium. The bubbles are just air. Count it! :) Drink up!
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    Thank you all...i just wanted to make sure it counted as water intake and not like a soda...so I will count them and becuase I like it I am betting I will get more than my minimums each day. I appreciate the input.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you all...i just wanted to make sure it counted as water intake and not like a soda...so I will count them and becuase I like it I am betting I will get more than my minimums each day. I appreciate the input.

why would soda not count?
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options

why would soda not count?
    That's my thought as well. My urine most certainly becomes clearer whether I drank tons of soda or tons of water that day. I've hydrated myself off of jello before. I mean, there's two cups of water in a prepared pack, and not much else to counter that.