Fitbit Force - Lost and Found. Have u lost urs?

Options
I have had the Force for 7 days now. I love it. Last night went to the movies, walking out and putting on my mittens (it is minus degrees here) the band broke loose and I lost my Force! I didn't realize it until 2 hours later at home ready to sync.
The good news, retraced my steps and located it in the snow, driven over in the parking lot of the theater. It seems to be working fine.

My concerns are:
Is there a way to secure this on your wrist better?
The tabs do not seem to lock that tight, and I fear over time it will wear and not lock.

Is there a way to lock out someone else from using it? I see from posts here that the company has refurbish new devices to people who have lost theirs. If found anyone can use the fitbit by syncing it up, as long as they know what it is.

I want to secure my Fitbit to me... getting kind of attached to it, ya know.

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've successfully kept a Fitbit for four years, the type that clips to your clothes. I don't know what to tell you about the wrist models but I know people sometimes use a pedometer leash or a flash drive case on the torso-worn models, for added security. You might consider putting your contact info on the inner band in Sharpie or something. Good job finding yours!
  • Kerri81
    Kerri81 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This is what someone else had said about the wrist one. "I read some tips on the Fitbit website to soak the band (just the ends of the band, and not the Force itself) in HOT tap water for like 2 minutes."
  • crhalte
    crhalte Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Suggestion from the FITBIT site...

For the Fitbit Force, I am using two O-rings from the hardware store plumbing section that are size #41 - 9/16" OD x 7/16" ID x 1/16". These have just the right amount of stretchiness to easily slip over the two thicknesses of wristband and roll to the desired position, without coming off.
  • judymoving
    Options
    Thanks everyone.