60 Minutes! Seriously?!

Options
I bought an awful elliptical back in May thinking that it would be staring at me enough for me to get on it and workout. Well, i really have not used it at all since May. My husband uses it and that is fine by me. Everytime one part of that machine moves it creaks! Seriously... it moans and groans until you get off of it. It is awful!

So, today I challenged myself to get up on that bad boy. I really did not want to stick one of my DVD's in. I got on it, turned my docking station up full blast and went to town. This morning I stayed on 25 minutes. I did not have a lot of time, so I thought I did pretty darn good. This afternoon I did another 35 minutes! Really?! 60 minutes?! That is insane!

In May, if you would have told me that I would be able to stay on that machine more than 7 or 8 minutes at a time, I would told you that you were nuts. I am just so proud of myself!

Let me tell you, though. I will be purchasing another elliptical from a place other than Walmart in the very near future. I absolutely love how I feel when I get off of the machine, but it will be going to the graveyard very soon.

2393946.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    That's awesome,and I like the way you tell the story,good for you sister!
  • momsdumplin
    momsdumplin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I have a hard time making myself get up and get moving but then once I do I feel better about myself. You inspired me today.
  • FitGirlJVM17
    Options
    Good for you! You go girl! I was thinking about buying an eliptical. I have a treadmill that groans and stinks lol it's over 20 years old but hey it does the trick at night when it's to dark to run/walk now.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm doing better on the elliptical too, I used to have to stop and rest if I was doing 15 or 20 minutes, but now I can go 30 minutes without having to stop. Keep workin on it!
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    I bought my first elliptical at Wal-Mart and thought it was going to fall apart before I got 30 minutes in. Took it back, went to Sports Authority and bought a Pro-Form brand. Well worth the extra $$$.

Happy "ellipticalling". :bigsmile:
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I love that you broke up your workout! I'm a huge fan of that strategy :)

CONGRATS ON 60 MINUTES!!!

Charmagne
  • JENN17501
    Options
    awesome! The first time I got on the elliptical was for only 5 mintues and I thought the other people that said "Oh I just love that!" were NUTS! Now I am one of them. It's my favorite at the gym. Yeah for you!
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have one of those too! I keep spraying it with WD40 but nothing helps! argh! My boyfriend gives me a hard time because he bought it for me for Christmas last year and I can hardly stand to use the thing!
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have one of those too! I keep spraying it with WD40 but nothing helps! argh! My boyfriend gives me a hard time because he bought it for me for Christmas last year and I can hardly stand to use the thing!
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    that's great and sears is a good place to buy equipment. warranty and everything. keep up the good work.
  • Jennili7
    Options
    That's awesome!! I'm deeply in love with the elliptical too. I used to try to do the running thing but once I got going on an elliptical I never looked back! :laugh: There was one time I barely made it 10 minutes and thought I would die...but now (just yesterday in fact) I did 75 minutes on the dang thing after work! (I still thought I would die though :blushing: )

Until you get the chance to replace your current elliptical..maybe try tightening things up on the one you have..or some WD 40 might take care of it. I use an elliptical in an apartment complex and it makes all kinds of noises..but I plug in the ipod and crank it up so it doesn't bother me. :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!