Need Help

Options
Hi, I have just started to work out at a gym nearby. I do treadmill and cross trainer everyday.

Could someone let me know a schedule that i need to follow in the gym like do i do cardio all the days? or include some strength exercise, when and what kind.

Replies

• SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What are you goals hun
  • SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Circuit Training: You want to try and go though the whole thing twice/three times in a session... aiming to go gym 3-4 ties a week..

CIRCUIT ONE - BODY WEIGHT
    Exercise Reps Sets Time
    Push ups 15-20 1
    Pull ups (Chin ups) 15-20 1
    Rower 3-5mins
    Squats 15-20 1
    Laterial Raises 15-20 1
    Step ups 3-5mins
    Crunches 15-20 1
    Plank MAX 1
    Bike 3-5mins

CIRCUIT TWO -WEIGHTS
    Exercise Reps Sets Time
    Chest Press 15-20 1
    Lat Pull Down 15-20 1
    Treadmill 3-5mins
    Leg Press 15-20 1
    Shoulder Press 15-20 1
    X-Trainer 3-5mins
    Oblique Twists 15-20 1
    Plank MAX 1
    Bike 3-5mins
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    When I started going to the Gym I saw a trainer the first day and he said to stretch,then do 10-15 warmup on a cardio machine,which ever you like is fine, then workout one area of my body and work my abs then 10-15 min on cardio machine and then stretching to cool down. Next time you go do the same thing only work out legs. If your gym offers a circuit you can do that one day and cardio the next because the circuit works your whole body.I switch off between the two to kee it interesting.......That is when I go to the gym! :flowerforyou:
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    When I started going to the Gym I saw a trainer the first day and he said to stretch,then do 10-15 warmup on a cardio machine,which ever you like is fine, then workout one area of my body and work my abs then 10-15 min on cardio machine and then stretching to cool down. Next time you go do the same thing only work out legs. If your gym offers a circuit you can do that one day and cardio the next because the circuit works your whole body.I switch off between the two to kee it interesting.......That is when I go to the gym! :flowerforyou:

This is generally what I do too, the warmup gets your heart rate up enough to burn calories while you lift weights. I usually do circuit and work my whole body on weights, and I use higher weights and less reps to try to gain more muscle. Women are often afraid of turning into a body builder, so they 'tone' and use small weights and lots of reps. Its actually better for you to use higher weight and less reps because our muscles don't build up like men's do. We will look nice and toned if we weightlift, as long as you don't overdo it. The cardio at the end of the workout keeps your metabolism pumped and burning calories long after you're done with your workout, compared to if you just stop after weight training! Though I'm terrible about doing that, i should get that cardio in at the end for a boost in calorie burn.
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is extremely important to include strength training in your workout routine. As you build muscle your body becomes more tone, your metabolism will increase, and it will be easier for your body to burn the calories. After two months of working out and sticking to my 1200 calorie days I let go one week just a bit and didn't exercise like I normally did and splurged on a meal here and there. And to my surprise I still lost 2 pounds that week!! Build up your muscle and it will work hard to burn the fat and calories! (At least that is what I think :smile: )