But I Don't Wanna!!!

Options
On day 4 of the Insanity workout, I've done it before but I'm having trouble getting into workout mode. Worked all day and came home to a house that needed cleaning and loads of laundry to do. Need encouragement!!

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    House can wait, health can't. You don't hafta wanna, you just hafta go do it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    stop your whining, AND DO IT!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Excuses, excuses.

In the words of the infamous Nike slogan: Just do it.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    If you don't wanna, you're probably not gonna, so don't. Your problem is not motivation, think you could find the motivation to eat dog turds if they were good for you?

What you need is something different, you need desire, that means finding something you desire. Take me for example, I desire to go to the gym, it's what I want to do. I have made a connection with the barbell, and I desire time spent with said barbell. At the end of a long day, I don't need motivation to go to the gym because it's something I love to do, I have been sick all week and as a result, I'm really salivating to hit the weights.

Find something you love, not something you feel obligated to do.

Rigger
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    when I'm too tired to do both, I exercise first.

I'll end up stronger in the end, and if someone doesn't have clean underpants, well, they'll figure out why!!!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
  • BigAlNyc
    BigAlNyc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Think about how you will feel after your workout and how much closer you are to your goal after taking another step forward. The cleaning will be an added bonus of extra calories burned up afterward.
  • AKGuidroz7
    AKGuidroz7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the SAME problem...I have 4 kids and a full time job so I have a lot of things that come before ME when I get home. I also did Insanity and I tried P90X, but after a while they got boring to me and I felt like I was taking away time from my family. Then I tried Zumba and I LOVE it...also the kids do it with me, so I agree with Rigger on this one...you have to find something YOU love and not something you feel like you have to do and it'll work!
  • jannielee2014
    Options
    Thankfully the tough love worked as encouragement and I did it :) Day 4 of Insanity - COMPLETE!!
  • jannielee2014
    Options
    Perhaps my post wasn't appropriately titled. It really wasn't a matter of "not wanting to", but more a matter of "what to do first on my large agenda of things to do". Thanks for the encouragement though.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Step over the dirty clothes, leave the dishes and get to it!