Recipes with Egg Noodles?

Options
lina1131
lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
Anyone care to share some recipes with Egg Noodles? I bought some yesterday for the first time and want to cook something using them tonight. Preferably lower calories, please.

Okay hit me with your best shot...

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Egg noodles, mixed with scambled egg whites, green chili and a little cheese.
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I like taking chicken breast cooked and cut up with egg noodles and cream of chicken soup. Not sure on the calories though. Also Chicken Noodle Soup is good also with them. :)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    We usually use them with a hamburg gravy. That's what we had last night in fact. I used a pound of ground turkey, a can of beef consomme and thickener to make a gravy. We like to throw some corn on that as well.

I will also make chicken noodle soup with them - very good.

Because my husband is allergic to potatoes, we usually turn to pasta so these are often a side for us.

I use as a base when we have a roast.

My girls LOVE them with some parmesan cheese on them. Very simple, but they will devour them (my husband will too).
  • thenebean9
    Options
    My friend makes what they call Noodles and Breadcrumbs. She cooks the noodles in salted water, then sautees them in a pan with butter (can probably get away with using something a little lower cal) and then adding breadcrumbs to them.

You can also just do buttered noodles with broccoli and parmesan cheese :)
  • becomingsara
    Options
    Lemon Chicken:
    Bag of thawed boneless/skinless chicken (breast or tenders, no matter)
    lemon pepper seasoning (about 4-5 TBs)
    lemon juice (1 TBS)

1 bag of frozen peas and carrots, thawed

pkg egg noodles
    country crock (2-3 TBS)

Boil the egg noodles.
    Season the chicken with lemon pepper and grill or pan fry (drizzle some lemon juice on at the end). Set aside.
    Microwave or stove-top warm the vegetables through (drain any water off).
    Drain noodles and combine noodles and veggies. I use about 2-3 TBS butter, but it is really just preference. Sprinkle lemon pepper (1-2 tbs) add a splash of lemon. Stir well.
    Pace chicken on top or cut into bite size pices and mix in.
    VERY flavorful and not much extra fat added (I haven't put this into the database yet).

YAY!
  • ambervargo
    ambervargo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I like to have them with fat free cottage cheese and sauteed onions. It is kind of like haluski, I just never have cabbage.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas.

I actually remembered this recipe that I have. I will use the egg noodles instead of the pasta I used before. I am sure it will be delicious!

Laughing Cow Alfredo

4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Original (I used the light garlic & herb flavor)
    2/3 cup skim milk (I used 2% because that is all I had)
    1 Tbsp fat free parmesan cheese
    1tbsp smart balance light
    6 cloves minced garlic (I used less because the cheese was garlic and herb)
    1C 1% cottage cheese
    1C roasted red peppers (I did not use red peppers because I didn't have any)
    2C broccoli
    1boneless/skinless chicken breast (I used 3 - 4oz chicken breasts)
    1 box Whole Wheat Rotini pasta

Instructions

In a medium-sized saucepan, combine everything but the pasta the chicken and the broccoli over a low heat, until everything is melted and the sauce is velvety smooth, about 20 minutes. While sauce is cooking, cook the pasta, chicken, broccoli. Then mix it all together!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I've made something similar to this before - http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Beef-Noodle-Bake it'd kinda high calorie though.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas.

I actually remembered this recipe that I have. I will use the egg noodles instead of the pasta I used before. I am sure it will be delicious!

Laughing Cow Alfredo

4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Original (I used the light garlic & herb flavor)
    2/3 cup skim milk (I used 2% because that is all I had)
    1 Tbsp fat free parmesan cheese
    1tbsp smart balance light
    6 cloves minced garlic (I used less because the cheese was garlic and herb)
    1C 1% cottage cheese
    1C roasted red peppers (I did not use red peppers because I didn't have any)
    2C broccoli
    1boneless/skinless chicken breast (I used 3 - 4oz chicken breasts)
    1 box Whole Wheat Rotini pasta

Instructions

In a medium-sized saucepan, combine all the ingredients over a low heat, until everything is melted and the sauce is velvety smooth, about 20 minutes. While sauce is cooking, cook the pasta, chicken, broccoli. Then mix it all together!

Ok, I :heart: this. I love alfredo but it is just so not good for you. This is an awesome recipe. I will have to try this sometime! Thanks!
  • knipper01
    Options
    I boil the no yolk egg noodles while I lightly saute peppers, mushrooms and onion, then toss together with a little bit of butter and parmesan cheese. Tastes really good, add some chillis or hotsauce/ freash jalopeno's for kick. If we have leftover sausage I cut that up into the pepper mixture also.
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Egg noodles, mixed with scambled egg whites, green chili and a little cheese.

How do u do it?
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    Ok question are egg noodles better for you than "pasta"?
  • jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    ok wow - just looked up nutrional value and hellllllllllllllllllo low in sodium thats for sure - ill be replacing all my "pasta" meals with egg noodles for sure
  • amandarocks
    Options
    So I am a little confused, are regular noodles better to eat or Egg noodles?? They look pretty close to me with a few differences. does it just depend on your diet? Here is one thing I found online, but everything I found varies a little.

Features
    Egg noodles and regular pasta are made from durum wheat. The difference is that egg noodles contain at least 5.5 percent egg.
    Similarities
    A one-half cup serving of cooked pasta and cooked egg noodles contain the same number of calories and protein, which is around 110 calories and 4 g of protein per serving.
    Carbohydrates
    A slight difference in the number of carbohydrates in the dueling pastas exists. Regular noodles (21 g) have one more gram of carbohydrate per serving than egg noodles (20 g).
    Cholesterol
    Egg noodles contain 23 mg of cholesterol per serving. Pasta, on the other hand, has no cholesterol, due to the absence of animal products.
    B Vitamins
    Egg noodles contain slightly more B vitamins, such as folic acid (62 mcg versus 46 mcg), niacin (1.66 mg versus 1.18 mg) and thiamin (.23 mg versus .19 mg) than regular pasta.

Read more: Egg Noodles Vs. Pasta Nutrition | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/facts_5796950_egg-noodles-vs_-pasta-nutrition.html#ixzz14uy7O2gn