Replies

• Micbou1
    Micbou1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Tim Hortons or Keurig
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    McDonald's sugar free french vanilla ice coffee.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee so why am I even here?

Inorite?! I make mine at home!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I actually have the Dunkin' Donuts original blend at home, which I drink on weekends, but I drink Starbucks (Pike Place roast, usually) during the week.

When you're on the road in the middle of nowhere, however, the coffee at Circle K convenience stores is hard to beat.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Isn't Tim Hortons solely Canadian or has it made its way to the US now too?

pretty sure its just Canadian
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Dunkins. The first time I ever tried Starbucks I got a Chai Tea and it was the worst ****ing thing EVER. Never again man.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I really like Dunkin Donuts coffee. Could be an acquired thing because I've lived on it so long.

Starbucks is good, but they are much more rare up here. And stupid expensive. And I get the same feeling in Starbucks that I do in Trader Joe's or Whole Foods: I just don't belong, the other patrons know it, and they're judging me.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/join/franchising_us.html

au contraire mon fraire
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

There are some Timmy's in the US, mostly in upstate NY. I believe there are a few in Pennsylvania and Ohio too.
  • NeonHeartz444
    Options
    Starbucks! And because I said so.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Dunkin, just because I don't like Starbucks coffee.

I'm cheap though. I brew coffee at home, and take it to work with me.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Dunkin`s for me - Starbucks only uses burnt coffee beans !
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I like both but I feel like Starbucks has more options and more options to customize my drink.

I wish we had a Gloria Jean's down here though. I miss it :(
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Starbucks because the drinks are consistent. Every time I get a flavored drink from DD, it has different amounts of syrup. Also, it's convenient because Starbucks has taken over NYC and I'm okay with that. Also, they have organic soy milk (don't know if DD does, but I'm just sayin')
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking coffee, but when I did I preferred Dunkin Donuts.
  • geekprincess858
    Options
    They both taste bad! Starbucks burns their beans and dunkin is too bland. Only Nesspresso for this woman!:flowerforyou:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/join/franchising_us.html

au contraire mon fraire

well thats disappointing
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Dunkin...because you can get a blueberry cake donut with your coffee!! YUMMY! :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts. Because there are doughnuts.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I've tried Dunkin Donuts lattes on two occasions. The first one was filled with coffee grinds, inexplicably. The second was burnt tasting. There aren't DD in my area so who knows if I will ever try their brewed coffee (although my husband has great taste in coffee and likes theirs, so maybe).

I definitely don't think Starbucks is evil or anything. But I kinda broke up with Starbucks recently ;-)

My town didn't get its first Starbucks until like 2005-2006. I went occasionally, and got the frou frou stuff, lattes and frappucinos and iced mochas. I couldn't afford to make it a regular habit.

Then I got a new job in 2008 and made quite a lot more money. AND they opened a Starbucks right by my new office. So I started stopping after work at least a few times a week, more in the fall & winter. It was a random addition of 300-400 or so calories to every day...joy. I got hooked up with the Starbucks rewards thing and soon found myself with a gold card emblazoned with my name and regularly putting more cash into the thing. Visiting more and more. A vicious cycle for me.

After joining MFP, I realized there were a million other treats out there I'd prefer over a white chocolate mocha so I just kind of quit getting those Starbucks drinks entirely. I also realized the locally owned coffeehouse downtown had a much better atmosphere, wifi, baristas, and brewed coffee as well as French press, cold brew, awesome pastries, and protein smoothies. Same prices as Starbucks, sometimes less.

Therefore I don't go to Starbucks now. No need. I cut up my gold card partly because I used it so rarely, but also because it really annoys me that Starbucks has a bunch of special offers and you're supposed to show them on your smartphone. I don't have a smartphone (used to, but wasn't impressed with it and sold it). I don't have time or motivation to print out every little coupon for $2 off and bring it into the store. So I'm done.