New to the boards

Options
Hi all.....just want to say what a great site....I've been looking around and really enjoy reading all the posts....
My name is Lisa, I'm 46 years young :), live in South Louisiana, mother of two grown boys....Nicholas who is 20 and in the Navy, and Dylan who is 18 and in the Army.....I've been married 22 years....

I stumbled acroos myfitnesspal when I was looking for an app on my iphone to count calories.....so glad I chose this one!!!
I've gained quit a bit of weight and I've been working out, but needed something to keep me accountable....and this is working....no more cheating and getting away with it....or should I say cheating and wondering why I can't lose, lol

I hope to start participating on the boards.....

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa and welcome to MFP!!! You will find tons of support and motivation here! I've been using this site for a long time and it has definately held me accountable and stopped me from reaching for that cheat!

Keep up the good work!

Deb
  • nikotob
    Options
    Hi Lisa! I am pretty new here too. this is a great site! Has really helped me realize how many calories i was eating. I had always heard it was good to track your calories but it was always a pain....but now with the iphone ap it is super easy!! you don't have to "go on a diet" just change your eating habits and exercise and slowly it will come off. : )
  • flynabster
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome.....
    I love the iphone app for when you are on the go....and you can check calories while out and about.....
  • gingernook
    Options
    Hello everyone. Am new too! Really enjoying being in control of how many calories I eat. I love how it gives me a better idea of what sized portion I should really be eating - shows me that I have been eating way too much! BTW does any one know if can I can set it to weigh foods in grams and not cups. I am from England I don't always know how much a cup is. Thank you, and good luck everyone!
  • brandy_gabrys
    Options
    Hi I am not so much new as I am back! I didnt post or much of anything last time but I am back full force right now! I am 35 married and ready for a life change! I need to lose 100 + lbs. I lost about 40 lbs not that long ago with another weight lost program that cost us about 100$ a month but as soon as I was done I gained about 25lbs back! I am just sick over the gain and am ready to get back to it! I would love to get my husband to join this weight loss endeavor with me but he is a hard sell! Good luck to you all I know I will need it!