I have the app and the motivation, i need the friends now...

Options
Got on the scales today after Christmas and New Year blow outs.....and i'm not impressed.

I've been using the app a while, but it would be nice to have friends on here to help each other out, share advice and big you up when you lose loads of weight!!

I'm in UK, so UK friends would be great, but any welcome, so feel free to add me.

Replies

• kieranjim
    kieranjim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,
    I'm also in the UK. started today. Hoping to lose approx. 2 stone if possible (but im not the best at dieting) so I also need encouragement and support. Good luck.
  • BrendaLeeRees
    Options
    You guys are both ahead of me. I am too timid to step on the scale! I will after a month of keeping track....I hope! I live in Southern California so I have no excuse not to exercise or eat right!
  • sineads1990
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm from Ireland. Been wanting to lose weight and get healthy for awhile and the Christmas buldge has pushed me to do it now!

Today was my first official day using the app and tracking my food etc. And I loved it!

Hope we can all get some motivation and support :)

x
  • TipTopMMR
    TipTopMMR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I am not looking to lose (I am pregnant) but I log faithfully each day and exercise each day, too!
    Cheers!
  • jmco201
    jmco201 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm also a UK newcomer, been doing this "properly" for about 6 days now. Looking to lose 30lbs by the end of May (possibly a cheeky bit extra if I ever get there). I'd like some more friends so please add me :)
  • Amanda0984
    Amanda0984 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, it just gets that little bit easier knowing you're not alone!!

My first hurdle, not to scare the entire population of Cancun beach in May when i'll be in a bikini.
  • luvhaleiwa
    luvhaleiwa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Kara... I've been doing this for about a week now and I have found the support and encouragement on this site is amazing!

I suggest you look into joining a group or 2 as that will help you meet people.

Good Luck!

Kara
  • jaynieb73
    Options
    well done on day one! I'm on day 5 ( omitting NYE...) And finding it really helpful. good luck and think positive :)
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hiya, feel free to add me too. I'm in Scotland, I log every day and I'm generally quite motivated :D
  • Amanda0984
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Kara... I've been doing this for about a week now and I have found the support and encouragement on this site is amazing!

I suggest you look into joining a group or 2 as that will help you meet people.

Good Luck!

Kara

Thanks so much for the tip Kara. It's amazing just how many groups are on here relating to the topics you're interested in or health worries you have and motivational groups as well.
  • sukuki12
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Delilahdoo
    Delilahdoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You should step on the scale so you know where you're starting. Don't be afraid of the scale. We're all in this together!
  • lovalente
    Options
    Hi all just joined and definitely could use a few friends. :smile: need lots of encouragement. Feeling frustrated
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! 32y F from Australia :)
  • Amanda0984
    Options
    Off to a good start. New friends for the new year wanting the same as me. I have to say it's really inspiring seeing some of my new friends achievements so far. You're doing so well. Just what i need to see to spur me on.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Londoner here. Welcome on board :smile:
  • JoGohns
    JoGohns Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda, I'm in the UK too, South East.

I was half a stone heavier than I thought when I stood on the scales this week. We've been at my parents for christmas and eaten way too much!!

Plus my husband who is 2 inches taller than me, is now lighter than me and I'm NOT impressed with that one bit!

Plan is to lose 2 stone this year, I will not get to 40 and continue to be overweight!!! 2 years to go

Good luck!! Let me know how you get on

Jo
  • kieranjim
    kieranjim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    well here goes, day 2 for me . A bit unfit so going to start my exercise off with a long dog walk, anything is better than nothing! Also going to try that 30 day plank challenge to strengthen core. Hope everyone has a good day xx
  • Jim_1960
    Jim_1960 Posts: 399
    Options
    In UK, been here over a year (nearly 500 days), never touch the scales as they are evil things........
    Measurements are the way to go!!!!

Have a great bunch of friends and whilst a difficult process from time-to-time, we do have fun along the way.

Anyone can feel free to add.