This time, next year...we'll be Dazzillionaires

Options
Yeah, I'm an Only Fools and Horses fan.

Anyway, onto my introduction. I'm Darren (people call me Dazz...and I like being called Dazz. Just call me Dazz :D) and I'm 23. I've been battling with my weight literally half of my life and now I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking that it's now or never.

I've never exactly been happy with my body nor my weight. In fact, some days, I hate it. I hate looking in the mirror and seeing my body. I've always wanted to be slimmer than I am. I used to comfort-eat a lot (rarely do now but I do have slips now and again whenever something really gets to me) but most of the time, I can channel my emotions through exercise. I'm currently writing on my blog about my weight-loss.

I'm 17st 10lb at the moment and I want to get down to 15st. I'm aware that I'll be putting on some muscle so I might weigh more than that but as long as I look good, I'm not entirely fussed as to what the scales say.

I want to lose weight for myself. So I can look good and feel good and say to myself that I achieved it.

Anyway, I hope to see all of you more often and I hope I can be of help anytime! :)

Replies

• katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that you seem awesome, I love your tracker and I just wanted to wish you luck! You can add me if you like, but I really just wanted to say that. :)
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    How many zeros will that be?!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to say that you seem awesome, I love your tracker and I just wanted to wish you luck! You can add me if you like, but I really just wanted to say that. :)

Thank you! I love your tracker as well, it looks cool!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options

It's more than a million, billion and trillion combined! ;)
  • Eketahunachick
    Options
    Good luck Dazz . The best thing to do is take it a day at a time and dont give up if you have a slip up its ok just keep going . We're all here for a reason and this is the best place for motivation .
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. I am a big huge Harry Potter fan. I used to be pretty into zombies, not so much now, but the photo was really cool. So I decided to keep it.
  • errorist
    errorist Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome to daily logging on mfp. We can't all be strong and determined all the time, and I've found that mfp and the people on here help me to get back on track after a brief diversion.

You say that you expect to put on muscle. I wouldn't necessarily say that's true - you will lose weight, at quite a rate initially, if you're eating at a good deficit and logging all of your food, but some of that weight will almost definitely be muscle. It's pretty unavoidable. That doesn't mean that you won't get stronger as you work out, and it also doesn't mean that you won't begin to look more defined as the fat melts away.

Do you mind if I offer three unsolicited bits of advice?

* Log everything.
    * Plan your meals carefully over the week.
    * Make lunch and snacks to take to work with you while you prepare your evening meal.

If you are cooking just for yourself it is going to be really challenging to do these things. But people on mfp can help to motivate you to make the changes that you need to make.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

omg, I'll be dazzled by the sheer numbers! lol...GET IT? Numbers... ok I'll stop...:embarassed:
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Welcome to daily logging on mfp. We can't all be strong and determined all the time, and I've found that mfp and the people on here help me to get back on track after a brief diversion.

You say that you expect to put on muscle. I wouldn't necessarily say that's true - you will lose weight, at quite a rate initially, if you're eating at a good deficit and logging all of your food, but some of that weight will almost definitely be muscle. It's pretty unavoidable. That doesn't mean that you won't get stronger as you work out, and it also doesn't mean that you won't begin to look more defined as the fat melts away.

Do you mind if I offer three unsolicited bits of advice?

* Log everything.
    * Plan your meals carefully over the week.
    * Make lunch and snacks to take to work with you while you prepare your evening meal.

If you are cooking just for yourself it is going to be really challenging to do these things. But people on mfp can help to motivate you to make the changes that you need to make.

Thank you so much for the advice, it's great stuff right there and I'm happy that people are here to help me. I heard this website is good for support and learning new things so I decided to join and already, I'm seeing that as a great decision. :)

The reason why I said I'd put on muscle is because I am doing a little bit of strength training as well using both free weights and my body weight. Also, the logging thing is something I must do from now on. I've attempted it a few times in the past and I forget about it. I'm more determined to do it and track what I'm doing as well.

I've just made a challenge for us to do so that'll be a start!

(By the way, your advice was great help! :))
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Good luck Dazz . The best thing to do is take it a day at a time and dont give up if you have a slip up its ok just keep going . We're all here for a reason and this is the best place for motivation .

Thank you very much! I hate slips- I cave in and it feels good at the time but then afterwards, I feel like I've had some kind of dirty affair! haha.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Hahaha. I am a big huge Harry Potter fan. I used to be pretty into zombies, not so much now, but the photo was really cool. So I decided to keep it.

YAY! My first day and I've met a fellow Potterhead! :D Brilliant!

I still like zombies in movies but I'm totally in love with The Walking Dead. Do you like that?
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options

omg, I'll be dazzled by the sheer numbers! lol...GET IT? Numbers... ok I'll stop...:embarassed:

You shall be dazzled! haha. Hopefully, I'll be dazzled with my weight loss too!