Late breakfast skip lunch?

Options
Hi everyone!
Basically on my days off I'm lazy at getting out of bed :) like today where it is chucking it down with rain I have no need to get up early! So this morning by the time I got up, went to the gym for an hour, came back and had a shower it was 11am before I had my breakfast! I wasn't hungry doing this and it's not uncommon on my days off :) .

So my question is, if I have breakfast late at 11am do I skip lunch? Or have the same size meal still? Or just have a bigger tea? I'm not sure!! I so get to about 2pm and want to eat lots! But that's an everyday thing I'm trying to battle ha.

Background to help answer, I am trying to lose 2 stone after gaining it all last year. I am 5 ft 5 and weigh 87kg at the mo.

Thanks!! :)

Replies

• rie_q
    rie_q Posts: 73
    Options
    If you're hungry at 2pm, maybe that's when you should eat your lunch? If your breakfast was so late maybe have a smaller lunch, but if you're hungry - eat!
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you eat at 11 am I would personally count that as my midday meal. I usually eat like that on the weekends and its a big meal of around 600 calories so I'm not hungry for a while. I might have a snack in the afternoon or an early evening meal at 5 depending on my plans for the day.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I don't skip meals. Even if I eat a late breakfast, I still have a lunch and dinner. I just have them later.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I usually just do a small snack between a late breakfast and dinner.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    If you're hungry at 2pm then eat lunch at 2pm. There's nothing wrong with not having lunch at noon or whenever you usually do.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I never skip meals no matter the time. I eat breakfast at 11:00 everyday, i eat lunch at 2, and i have dinner between 5 and 6.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Divide your calories however you like through your day, just stick to your overall calorie plan. Whether it's 6 meals or 1 meal, however makes you feel best.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I do it every day. I work 2pm-10pm and sometimes can't go to sleep until around 2/3AM. So I wake up around 11/12PM and can't eat right away. I usually don't eat until 2PM when I get to work, then I eat dinner around 7PM. As long as it fits in my calories I don't worry about times. So I'm basically eating twice a day but it's still the allotted amount of calories.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Eat your next meal when you're hungry for it. And so on.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry at 2pm then eat lunch at 2pm. There's nothing wrong with not having lunch at noon or whenever you usually do.

agreed
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Weekends are like that for me, but I also stay up later and may have a snack later in the evening that I normally don't.

As long as I'm getting a resonable amount of calories in, I don't care "when"
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Eat to control your hunger. I divide my food into 3 meals and 3 snacks but sometimes my snacks are as many calories as my meals. Sometimes I have lunch at 11, sometimes at 2. Don't feel you have to eat at certain times if you eat breakfast late have a small lunch or eat lunch later. If you eat breakfast early, have a larger lunch, early lunch or add a snack inbetween. There are no hard and fast rules for when to eat. Just listen to your body.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I occasionally do the same thing. When I roll out of bed around 10 or 11, I will eat some type of protein and then head to the gym. Eat my breakfast and count it as my morning snack. Then eat lunch, early afternoon, and then go by my remaining calories for the rest of the day. I'm not technically skipping meals. I'll eat my allotted calories, I just divide them up throughout remaining meals for the day.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Usually if I don't eat until that late I have a bigger breakfast (more like a brunch) and then a small lunch or snack before dinner.

But as others said it is not so important when you eat as how much.
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I had a snack at 2 as suggested and felt much better and not hungry until tea time!! :) and I'm very pleased to say I have lost some weight, woop! x