Girls--Hair question

Options

Replies

• kateanne27
    kateanne27 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure that out, I find if I just rinse after sweating, my hair gets frizzier when it dries, I guess between products and sweat its just too much. I have been using shampoo conditioner combo plus conditioner, and then not washing on days I don't workout. Also, I live in Hawaii near the beach, and my complex has a pool, so I swim a few times a week and need to get the salt/chlorine out.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I am trying to figure that out, I find if I just rinse after sweating, my hair gets frizzier when it dries, I guess between products and sweat its just too much. I have been using shampoo conditioner combo plus conditioner, and then not washing on days I don't workout. Also, I live in Hawaii near the beach, and my complex has a pool, so I swim a few times a week and need to get the salt/chlorine out.
    You should be using a chelating shampoo to get out the chlorine.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair every day. However, if I don't do that my hair get so oily and a tangled mess that I can't even brush through it. From what I read it depends on what type of hair you have.

Did you try pony tail? It may help you..
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    This is SOMETIMES the excuse I use to not work out...but not too often. I usually just use a very little amount of shampoo, if any at all, then rinse well and condition as usual. I'm trying to not use my hairdryer until my hair is mostly dry and use my flat iron sparingly. I've noticed a lot of breakage lately and have started trimming every 8 weeks. Sorry...got off on a tangent there.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Same problem..the dry shampoo does work. On top of that sprinkle baby powder on your hair brush and brush it through your hair before you go to bed between washes..

I use cornstarch instead of baby powder. Dry shampoo does work as well. I tend to do my hardest workouts on shampoo days as well. Oh the price of beauty!! :)
  • carstanger
    carstanger Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the information. Will have to check with my hairdresser as I'm almost 67 so the gray that I cover is a funny consistency. Have lots of loose ends flying out as the new hair is growing in.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Dry shampoo.

Or wear a ponytail day 2. I generally just go with ponytail or bun.
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I keep a cup of baking soda in the shower. It's great for gentle cleansing. I use it on my face and body when I start to breakout. Also good on hair. I used to keep some in a haircolor applicator bottle, mixed with water and a few essential oils. Shake that up and apply to scalp, massage, rinse.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I just rinse it the next day and dry it
    maybe condition it

or I wear a pony
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair once a week and I use dry shampoo and up-dos to combat it.
    The longer you go with a routine the better your hair will be with it, like at first you will have an awkward greasy phase; but eventually your hair will adjust to less frequent washing.

Exactly. :drinker: I have just shy of waist-length hair that I let grow...well, as long as I can, frankly, and then cut off 10 inches to donate to Locks of Love. As a result, I cannot do permanent colors, so I use demi- & semi-permanent colors. I have a shade or red in there now I absolutely adore so I want it to last as long as possible. I found after a few weeks of letting it go, it got used to the longer periods. Besides, it is actually good for your hair NOT to wash it every day. I usually only wash it more than once a week if there is a special occasion.

In between, I use hair ties & updos (braids are great!) and dry shampoo is always on my counter. Hats are also a life safer.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I love that you posted this because I bet no men are reading this thread - so I can ask my question, too. I hope it's okay if I hijack your post for just a second.

Winter running tights without shorts over them are so popular - but what, if anything, do you wear under them? None of the obvious options work for me (ouch; "look at her panty lines"; and yuck, that's gross) ... I'm trying to figure out if any maker has them with the "hardware" built-in ... can't find anything like that. Curious ... not creepy. Thx. My fiancé will be so happy if someone can give me a good answer, so I can stop bugging him about it. Like he cares, lol!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I just wash mine every day
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I love that you posted this because I bet no men are reading this thread - so I can ask my question, too. I hope it's okay if I hijack your post for just a second.

Winter running tights without shorts over them are so popular - but what, if anything, do you wear under them? None of the obvious options work for me (ouch; "look at her panty lines"; and yuck, that's gross) ... I'm trying to figure out if any maker has them with the "hardware" built-in ... can't find anything like that. Curious ... not creepy. Thx. My fiancé will be so happy if someone can give me a good answer, so I can stop bugging him about it. Like he cares, lol!

You can wear them without anything if you want, I personally have a selection of thongs that are comfortable to work out in. They also make running skorts that have a skirt over the tights, which I think is really cute. I have capri length ones, but they make full length ones too.
    http://athleta.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=1001031
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    to answer your question, I completely rinse it after every workout in the shower - lots of sweat here, too (yay!). But I don't wash it at the gym (mid-day, on my lunch break) - just wet and dry it. So, I actually use shampoo and conditioner about every other day - whenever I take a shower at home.
  • 4leighbee
    Options
    thx! :)
  • jennyshipman79
    jennyshipman79 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I only wash my hair every other day and use dry shampoo in-between, only on the roots. However, if its a really sweaty day, I will rinse my hair, shampoo just the roots, rinse, and condition my entire head. My hair used to be really dry when I was trying to wash it everyday and was breaking, but after about a year of not washing it everyday, and doing this process, my hair is shiny, soft, and I get lots of compliments on it. I also don't have to re-touch my color as much because I'm not shampooing as much.

IMPORTANT: remember to always use a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner if your hair is colored or dry. Sulfates pull the color right out of your hair and dries it out.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. My hairdresser told me to just rinse on 'off' days and don't shampoo. You can condition if you need to. I have a leave-in conditioner that I use on the days I don't fully shampoo/condition. I also use dry shampoo, but mostly because it helps to give my hair body....not really for the 'shampoo' benefits!

My hair dresser taught me the same. I only rinse and condition every other day, sometimes two days in a row.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have to wash my hair after I work out because I have very fine hair (that I have highlights in). What I do is wash it and then use a leave in conditioner before drying it. That's helped keep it from drying out and it stays soft and healthy.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair only every 3-4 days. If I've worked out & my scalp's gotten really sweaty, then I put/keep my hair in a loose ponytail & hold that out of the way while rinsing the roots. I've seen great reviews on dry shampoo, but with Moroccan Oil already in my hair, I'm just loathe to add more layers of product. Seems to be working: my hair's long & curly, and the ends are staying healthy.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    So just rinse it? I wash mine every day because my hair gets oily fast. But if I have already washed it for the day I just rinse off in the shower and fix it up again.