This really does work!

Options
This post is mostly for all of you out there who recently joined here at MFP and may be feeling discouraged. I just joined exactly a week ago. I have already made some fantastic friends here who really motivate me. I have stuck to my program and worked out hard-even joined a gym for the first time in my life! I owe a big thanks to my daughter, who is also on here, for hooking me up here on MFP and the gym. The payoff was this morning when I did my first weigh in and saw that I had already lost 5 lbs! Wow, I about fainted! So, stick with it! Make some great friends like I did and good luck to all of you out there! :happy:

Replies

• pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

Always hard in the beginning but hearing that other people are having success always helps!

Congrats!
  • fullagrace
    Options
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up!

I am curious, what is your workout routine? I always wonder what people are doing to lose their weight and stay in shape.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    you may not lose 5 pounds a week but you will get to your goal if you keep it up! I still can't believe where I am today!! and I have enjoyed every minute of it!!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible. I joined in May of this year and have successfully lost 68 pounds to date!!!
  • Oliviagp
    Options
    Congrats! It's always good to hear positive stories....makes me work even harder!
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    congratulations!! :bigsmile:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yep Marnie ... keep up the work and know that we are all here for you on your good days and on your bad days. Just follow/trust in the program and you will hit your goals.

September 1 when I joined I didn't think I would EVER lost the weight, now I am 22 lbs in toward my 40lb goal and can also say it does work but YOU have to do the work and YOU ARE!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible. I joined in May of this year and have successfully lost 68 pounds to date!!!

Love your hair colour! Congrats to you all on your weight loss - great job everyone. MFP rocks!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I started on the 2nd (although I exercised on the 1st but didn't record my food) and I haven't had a chance to weigh in yet but I feel thinner. I have exercised EVERY DAY so far this month! My weight is about the same as yours, and I would be thrilled to find out I have lost 5 pounds so far.

Thanks for the inspiration!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Your off and running. Well done.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    I just joined a gym on Monday this week and do the elliptical and bike. Also doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred every day and it is so hard! But helps get in some weight training and core stuff and lord knows my abs need some major work :laugh: . Squeeze in 4 mile walks outdoors when I can (weather here last few days been awful). I'm basically, at this point, just trying to keep moving as much as possible to get my metabolism kicked back into high gear!
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Great work so far! It really does help to have friends and family supporting you along the way. Congratulations on your success so far and keep up the fantastic work!
  • Fineforlife
    Options
    Looking forward to this.....:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!