How often do you weigh in?

Options
I see on my page "so and so lost 1lb since their last weigh in!" and I am always like WOOHOO! I tend to weigh myself probably too frequently. I'd say about 3-4 times a week. I know people say this is bad because your body fluctuates and you'll get discouraged if you see a gain or no loss. However, I tend to use it to track how I am doing so far during that week. It's a way to see if I am on the right track or not.

How often do you weigh in?

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself way too often (like you, probably 3-4 times/week). I am really trying to cut back to just once or, at most, twice a week. We'll see how that goes.
  • briannagolden
    Options
    I weigh myself almost daily on the Wii, but I only "weigh in" and measure once a week...generally on Friday morning.:happy:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily (and only "check in" when I have lost weight) Shhhhhhhh!
  • tookalook
    tookalook Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I only weight in on monday's.
  • n3rdybird
    n3rdybird Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I check every morning when I wake up, but I 'weigh in' and measure every Monday morning.
  • MissKaylaDawn
    Options
    I weigh in on Wednesday mornings. I've found I feel a lot better if I only do it once a week...
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    Once a week. sometimes less. I try to remember to do it on Mondays *L*
  • melodymartinez
    Options
    Once a week for this site (Monday Morning) and then wed morning at work for the Biggest Loser competition
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    MWF evenings - get a guage of how I am doing and to get myself adjusted to seeing my "heavier" weight (for like doctor's office visits) And cuz I generally like to know my range. I record these seprately tho, so I can see them go down as well. My Mondays tend to be heaviest and then I gradually lose a little throughout the week, culminating in 1lb or so on Sat.

Sat morn - my official weigh in- wake up, pee, weigh in, go for a run, and weigh in again before more water- just to compare and see.

So I guess like 5x a week (MWF, Sa Official, Sa just for fun)
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself several times every day *blush* but I only count it once a week (on Tuesday mornings).
  • marinabrazil
    marinabrazil Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have made a point on not having a scale at home, so I can only weigh myself when I go to the supermarket on wednesdays! Its a good way of not having the urge to weigh everyday!
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Two times a week, because I don't have a scale at home--so I use the one at my gym. :P
    & occasionally I'll use the digital scale at the grocery store, too !
    Soo...
    I'll make that three times a week. Haha.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Everyday.. and I usually log it daily too..

Guess I should just log it once a week.
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself way too often, but I have a rule about not checking in a loss until I've stayed at that weight for at least 5 days. I am chucking out my cheap old Ikea scale for a new digital one this weekend. Anything that will keep my interest high is worth buying ;-)
  • seamaj01
    Options
    LOL.. I am obsessing, myself. I probably step on the scale 10 times a day!.. Literally. I "check" in once a day, though. I actually have an official weigh in with the dr tomorrow morning!
  • craek
    craek Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't really weigh my self often. maybe once every 2 weeks. I do want to lose some weight but I have been at this for awhile and know that inches and clothes are the biggest factor into how I feel and look.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Every 2 days about... I used to once a week, but bad habit!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily (and only "check in" when I have lost weight) Shhhhhhhh!

LOL! I love that!!! So truthful. ;) You just made my day.

I weigh in daily, but I'm okay with ups and downs. That said, unless my clients are really focused and aren't likely to be shaken by an "up" when they've been "good", I always tell them to weigh in not more than once a week. I prefer that they weigh in with me (it's free!) because I break it down on a chart with their body weight, their weight in lean, and their weight in fat. That way we can more realistically value the loss. If it's a loss of lean, that's not a good day even though the scale says they're lighter.

It all matters what we're made of ... more than how much of us there is.

:)
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning, but I don't log anything until I know its a real loss.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I check in only when I lose, too. I know I am not gaining and I know things can cause the scale to fluctuate.